is scalping viable or just BS?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by di1836, May 3, 2010.

1. World Trade Securities provides 80% payout with fees of 15-20 cents/1000 shares.

I stand by my statement that $7/1000 shares is a rape. no need to be overly sensitive of the term "rape", it's a trading term as far I'm concerned.

#21     May 8, 2010
  2. di1836

di1836

NY0B, what was the place? what was the commission cost per 1000?

#22     May 8, 2010
  3. di1836

di1836

oh, also, what about rebates? could the firm in actuality be making it's money on the rebates? rebates and commissions it charges maybe?

#23     May 8, 2010
  4. fullblotter quotes:

"World Trade Securities provides 80% payout with fees of 15-20 cents/1000 shares.

I stand by my statement that $7/1000 shares is a rape. no need to be overly sensitive of the term "rape", it's a trading term as far I'm concerned."

Thanks for the names: Swift, Title and World Trade are all Canadian firms, so I'll have to conduct a bit more research.

I understand your "rape" comment now, but fees aren't the only things to consider with a firm. The firm must also have a solid track record and not face undue scrutiny, such as the case with Team Trading, which is now facing a formal SEC inquiry.

#24     May 9, 2010
  5. di1836:

most prop firms will pass through the liquidity rebates to the traders. this is different than retail firms, which make money on the rebates and also get paid for order flow.

your questions are valid, so why not just ask the firm itself?

#25     May 9, 2010
  6. traders keep the rebates. at places like swift back in the day, traders could make 5 figures purely on rebates when the right symbol presented the opportunity.

#26     May 9, 2010