Is Sadism The Key?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by youngtrader, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Nope, not the only one :D

#21     Jan 14, 2008
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I've always liked you, your a farmboy hick from Iowa just like me, and young and interested in the markets just like I was (I got interested when I was in about 6th or 7th grade), plus you actually know about the greatest little exchange in the world (that would be MGEX). In any event, all of that aside, you totally lost me with that comment. Why would you trade if you expect to lose?

#22     Jan 14, 2008
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

Rule #1
    In a losing game such as trading, we shall start against the majority and assume - we are wrong until proven correct!
    -POP (Phantom of the Pit )

#23     Jan 14, 2008
  4. my trading strategy is based on taking people's outs in thin stocks

does that make me a sadist?

#24     Jan 14, 2008
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Its been a long time since I read the Phantom's book at Futures Mag, but it was definatly worth the time, and certainly the price. I learned a lot, but that does not mean I would agree with it all. In my own trading I make money on about 1/3 of my trades, lose on about 1/3 and breakeven on the rest. The real money comes from about 1 in 5 of the winners, however I always enter a trade with the expectation that I will make money. Anyway, POP is a good read for anyone who is trading.

Brandon

#25     Jan 15, 2008