Is Sadism The Key?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by youngtrader, Jan 2, 2008.

1. I always eat a few tablespoons of salt before my morning pot of coffee just to make sure the blood is pumping in full rage mode.

#11     Jan 2, 2008

2. Yeah but I don't know of many other jobs that can be as rewarding as trading can be so quiting trading is out of the question. Like one of the posts earlier said. They don't have to play the game. When you make a trade you should expect to lose money. Its the nature of the game. Kill or be killed should be trading's motto. I have no problem taking a few bucks from some guy if its going to benifit me and we both willingly took the other side of the trade. Its a survival type of thing.

#12     Jan 3, 2008
  3. Yep. They sure as hell wouldn't have a problem with taking all of your money if the shoe was on the other foot.

#13     Jan 3, 2008
  4. Trading is a sterile, mindless, exploitative endeavour where selfish aquisitiveness can make you a winner. Life should be about love. The only thing it has going for it is the need for courage. A great manly and noble trait. But men cannot be men just staring at a screen all day. It appeals to our worst instincts. It does not make us greater individuals but it may pay the bills.

#14     Jan 13, 2008
  5. swinger

swinger

Taking advantage of what will cause the most pain to inexperienced traders is a sure way to become wealthy.

#15     Jan 13, 2008
  6. toc

toc

Positive mind and desire to get the goals is the key to success in any endevour.........including trading.

#16     Jan 13, 2008
  7. nitro

nitro

LMAO

nitro :D :D :D

#17     Jan 13, 2008
  8. Many of the most successful traders aren't sadists, but rather just self-centered & narcissistic. While light on empathy towards others, they're simply too self-absorbed to care all that much about helping other people (=good alignment), or hurting them (=evil alignment). All that's left are the neutral alignments, with Chaotic-Neutral being most prevalent.

#18     Jan 13, 2008
  9. Are you a role playing gamer by any chance ?

The alignment discussion brought back some memories.

Anek

#19     Jan 13, 2008
  10. Last time I played at all, was Baldur's Gate in the late 90's.

And yet, for some reason I still mentally categorize everyone with the old AD&D alignment system. I can't possibly be the only one who still does this. :D

#20     Jan 13, 2008