Is Ron Paul a republican mind game

Discussion in 'Politics' started by open, Dec 8, 2007.

1. dinoman, just a couple of points:

-I am a US citizen, and I don't believe in libertarianism. There is no contradiction here as 98% of US citizens don't believe in libertarianism either.

- As your definition indicates - Libertarian: "a member of a political party advocating libertarian principles." That's just too bad that libertarian principles are in fact very similar to anarchism which based on your definition is "a political theory holding all forms of governmental authority to be unnecessary and undesirable and advocating a society based on voluntary cooperation and free association of individuals and groups"

-on unconstitutionality of the IRS: The constitution allows amendments, amendment 16 specifies that The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived,

- I don't watch Fox, I heard Paul stating in one of the debates that 9/11 is our own fault (or the fault of our foreign policy which is not much different).

#21     Dec 10, 2007
  2. most americans may not identify as libertarian..

but a TON of them identify as fiscally conservative and socially liberal

#22     Dec 10, 2007
  3. dinoman

dinoman

Thanks for responding without a factual back-up.

Thanks for proving yourself wrong!

If I can convince enough congressman/senators to add an amendment to make me King of the U.S. does that mean I can rule the country? Can I change whatever our founding fathers instituded as law and make up my own new rules and you will obey?

I am sorry if I come accross as an asshole!

I am just sick and damn tired of a handful of people thinking they can just make shit up as they go and then trump everything they pass as law before it.

If this shit keeps up we might as well just call this country the UNITED STATES OF WHATEVR THE F*CK YOU WANT TO DO!

Am I out of line? Maybe! But how can you have a foundation and then tear it down from month to month or year to year and keep making up new shit as you go?

This govenrment is way out of line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. A little homework assignment for you, go and follow every executive order that has been made in the last 2 years and read it in its literal definition. I say literal because that is how the courts and lawyers read/interprit it.

#23     Dec 10, 2007