Is Romney in trouble. Gallup: Most in poverty are independents.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Sep 23, 2012.

1. WASHINGTON, Sept. 23 (UPI) -- Fifty percent of U.S. adults living in poverty identify themselves as independents, 32 percent as Democrats and 15 percent as Republicans, a survey indicates.

The relatively high percentage of those in poverty who said they were political independents suggests these individuals were less likely than average to be engaged in the political process.

However, 51 U.S. percent of adults in poverty approved of President Barack Obama in 2011, compared with 45 percent not in poverty.

The results are based on telephone interviews with a random selection of 353,492 U.S. adults throughout 2011. Their poverty status was based on 2011 U.S. census figures.

The survey has a margin of error of 1 percentage point.
    http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012...ndependents/UPI-28371348377898/#ixzz27Id0HgHo

2. I find that hard to believe. I though all surveys had the same margin of error which was 3%.

3. Dude..

you're confused with "margarine of error", commonly called butter, it is a phenomenon of objective interpretation expanding into the world of Poll Smoking.

stay tuned....:cool:

4. pspr

pspr

I assume your title asking if Romney is in trouble is mainly because 50% of those living in poverty identify themselves as independents.

I don't think you can draw any conclusions from that data because it doesn't say what percentage of independents are living in poverty. Nor does it break down the percentage of independents not in poverty who would vote for Romney or Obama.

So, I don't see this data, on it's face, as providing any useful information relating to the outcome of the presidential election.