Is Romney about to create one of the greatest upsets of all time?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Sep 18, 2012.

1. If I were Iran, if I were Iran -- a crazed fanatic, I'd say let's get a little fissile material to Hezbollah, have them carry it to Chicago or some other place, and then if anything goes wrong, or America starts acting up, we'll just say, "Guess what? Unless you stand down, why, we're going to let off a dirty bomb." I mean this is where we have -- where America could be held up and blackmailed by Iran, by the mullahs, by crazy people. So we really don't have any option but to keep Iran from having a nuclear weapon.

Dirty bombs require fissile material you say! Oh yes, we gotta stop all those dirty bombs comin' out of the Iran.

Is Romney related to Ms S Carolina?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lj3iNxZ8Dww" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#11     Sep 19, 2012
  2. hughb

hughb

In California, we don't see any campaign ads. The candidates come here for their fundraisers, but they all know California will vote for the Democrat in the election.

There was a pundit from Bloomberg on Washington Week in Review a couple of weeks ago and he believes that Mitt should run a "high road" campaign with no negativity. I strongly disagree - Mitt should attack and he should do it fiercely. If the major networks aren't running news stories about Mitt's negative campaign ads, then he isn't campaigning hard enough. He has got to attack, over and over again, on "you didn't build that". He doesn't need to take it out of context, he doesn't even need to add any commentary to it at all. just showing the President admonishing business owners to kiss government ass will be enough to turn enormous amounts of people against Obama. "You didn't build that" should be the cornerstone of Mitt's campaign. Right now the polls show that it is too close to call. You guys claiming that polls show either candidate as winning are just full of shit. If Mitt attacks, he wins. If he doesn't, he loses. I really think it's that simple.

#12     Sep 19, 2012
  3. Worse than Obama's "57 States" and HTF do you accept such shit from a guy vying for Commander in Chief?

#13     Sep 19, 2012
  4. In light of recent events it's important to remind people of "uh-O's"
    own words, referencing his muslim faith.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XKGdkqfBICw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#14     Sep 19, 2012
  5. Good luck to Mitt and his supporters

#15     Sep 19, 2012
  6. Too funny,Even you know obama is a disaster.

#16     Sep 19, 2012
  7. This thread is priceless.

Has everyone taken screen shots?

So far we've learned in this thread that

Mitt Romney hasn't attacked enough, especially wrt "We built this" which was only the actual theme from the entire RNC convention

That Mitt Romney has kept his head down.

That just a little more aggression will surely pull out a win.

That Obama is, naturally, a secret Muslim.

#17     Sep 19, 2012
  8. Is that yet another Freudian slip... like his one about the US having 57 states?

#18     Sep 19, 2012
  9. that might work for people like you and fox news devotees but thinking people know that"you didnt build it" is nothing more than a republican meme taken out of context and what he said is 100% true. its not effective with thinking people.

#19     Sep 19, 2012
  10. I don't think advertising is going to effect the outcome much.

There's been so much loud, repetitive noise about both candidates that people have made up their minds. Even if someone could prove that Obama was born in Kenya or that Romney never paid a penny in taxes his entire life I don't think enough minds would be changed to effect the final result.

Here's the projected result (highest probability outcome) according to my statistical model:

a) Obama gets re-elected (305 electoral votes).

b) Republicans maintain majority control (229 seats) in the House of Representatives.

c) Democrats maintain a slim (51 seat) majority in the Senate.

#20     Sep 19, 2012