Is Romney about to create one of the greatest upsets of all time?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Mitt Romney's October Surprise Is Going To Be Legendary
    Walter Hickey | Sep. 18, 2012, 11:08 AM

This is what people are still not grasping about Romney: He's about to open up the money floodgates in a way that Obama can't match.

Right now, the Super PACs supporting either candidate are at an even larger financial disparity. Romney's Restore Our Future has $20.5 million in the bank at this point moving forward, and the anti-Obama American Crossroads is sitting on $29.5 million. Obama's Super PAC has a mere $4.2 million on hand right now.

Both Romney and Obama have been fundraising consistently for months. But Romney has kept his head down and his account flush, and didn't try to compete with the Olympics, the Conventions, or the recent mediocre press. He was competent enough to realize that the Obama campaign had to hemorrhage cash in order to maintain their numbers.

And now, he's got a massive upper hand, which very few people are talking about. Once he and his surrogates carpet bomb the swing states with adverts, by sheer mathematics Obama will take a small but predictable dive in the polls. In the middle of October, Mitt starts looking like a contender again.

The past few weeks of Mediocre Mitt are about to end. He's got more resources than the Obama campaign, and his ability to find cheap media markets and flex his muscle are just coming to the fore. This, plus a few more bad economic months, and he's in the White House. Mitt is undervalued.

The real race is just getting started.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/mitt...is-going-to-be-legendary-2012-9#ixzz26rSzusll

2. LEAPup

LEAPup

I agree. I just want him to fake the damn gloves off, and fight nasty! Let's pray he does.

Btw, what about Donald Trump? I would imagine he'd put some dogs in this fight.

3. Eight

Eight

The incumbent is behind in the polls and draining his war chest. Probably Romney will be POTUS.

We're in Jimmy Carter's second term folks! I hated the first one and this one sucks just as bad. Govt can't pay it's way so the answer is more govt? Unreasoning beasts vote for stuff like that, let's get a man with some business success in office for a change.

4. pspr

pspr

<font size="8" color="red">Yes!</font>

5. LEAPup

LEAPup

He's 10x worse than Carter, and Carter was a complete mess. Obama is a true, dyed in the wool communist. God help us if the have nots and extremists come out as THEY WILL, and common sense people give up and stay home Nov 6th.:eek:

I do think Romney will win, but the middle of the road folks MUST stay strong, get out and vote, and vote in drones. After all, ocommunist will have several hundred thousand dead people punching holes for him...

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Ditto

7. You can could make a bunch of money on Intrade and other sites if you really think so. I have to admit, it would be a tremendous upset if Romney were to win.

8. Before reading the whole title, I thought it would be: Is Romney about to create one of the greatest defeats of all time?

9. An upset for Romney?. That's a pile of mitt! Pure bullmitt! Utter dogmitt!

Pardon me, I have to take a mitt......

10. it will be wasted. negitive ads will not touch obama because the republicans have run so many negitive pieces on obama these last four years that the thinking public knows its all bs.
    there is one think that could work for romney, throw the tea party under the bus and construct a real compromise type plan. something that could get votes on both sides. not going to happen though.he signaled he wanted to play to the crazy side of the republican party when he picked ryan.

#10     Sep 18, 2012