Is Roger Clemens lying his ass off?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rearden Metal, Feb 13, 2008.

Is Roger Clemens lying his ass off?

1. Yes, he's clearly lying

33 vote(s)
    62.3%
  2. No, he's being honest.

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. I'm not sure whether he's lying or not.

6 vote(s)
    11.3%
  4. I'm not following Clemens' testemony, so I don't know.

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. Steroids/Cheating in Baseball? I couldn't give two shits about this entire non-issue.

11 vote(s)
    20.8%
  1. Mvic

Mvic

Good to see that there are still people who see sports as an activity that promotes the virtues of good health and sportsmanship in the populous and especially our youth, virtues of far greater value to our society than that provided by mere entertainment. Steroids run counter to both.

No surprise to see Thundy on the right side of this issue too, good posts.

#51     Feb 14, 2008
  2. Quick question i dont follow baseball, but was the mythbusters special correct-all these guys using corked bats, when it very likely didnt help performance?

Did they cork the bat wrong, or was it just propaganda?

#52     Feb 15, 2008
  3. Bootsie

Bootsie

No one uses corked bats anymore.

Just like trading - as soon as an edge becomes (well) known, it is no longer exploitable...

However, I did jam a guy inside pretty hard once and shattered his bat... his bat exploded and marbles went flying... no lie.

B

#53     Feb 15, 2008
  4. Mmm, but the mythbusters basically concluded corking REDUCED performance, due to a lighter bat (basic physics) and maybe greater shock absorption or something,the opposite of what you want, your saying there was better performance from corked?

And marbles, what the heck-with air gaps, glass wouldnt weigh much more than solid hardwood would it?

It just seems all these "edges" arent really performance edges, as you pointed out with roids.

#54     Feb 16, 2008