Is Roger Clemens lying his ass off?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rearden Metal, Feb 13, 2008.

Is Roger Clemens lying his ass off?

1. Yes, he's clearly lying

33 vote(s)
    62.3%
  2. No, he's being honest.

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. I'm not sure whether he's lying or not.

6 vote(s)
    11.3%
  4. I'm not following Clemens' testemony, so I don't know.

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. Steroids/Cheating in Baseball? I couldn't give two shits about this entire non-issue.

11 vote(s)
    20.8%
  1. As I wrote earlier, compare your traps development when it was at its peak to that of someone on steroids. Night and day.

#21     Feb 14, 2008
  2. Sorry, but that is beyond stupid. If all athletes start using steroids legally, openly and in quantity, then guys like you will become desensitized to their performance because they will all be that much more similar. It's all relative. On the other hand, if no one was allowed to take such drugs and they were properly and constantly tested for it, then the really gifted athlete would still get the best contracts.

I think that comments like yours are outrageous and may well mark the beginning of the end of true sportsmanship. Steroids and the like are cancers that, if left unabated, may eventually destroy the beauty of sports.

#22     Feb 14, 2008
  3. Yes, it's all about your entertainment, however warped your entertainment requirements may become. (Remember Rollerball?)

#23     Feb 14, 2008
  4. It IS cheating because it is not allowed. It is not allowed because it gives the stupid money-grubbing, health-be-damned risk taker a short-cut advantage. The short-cut advantage has nothing to do with discipline or training that is SUPPOSED to be synonymous with sports and sportsmanship. It has everything to do with greed and a disregard for one's health. And that leads to the rest of your post with which I agree entirely.

Steroid use in sports is the moral and legal equivalent of insider trading in the financial markets.

#24     Feb 14, 2008
  5. That’s a very interesting observation. I too have noticed the “trap”. Also, the angular jaws/chins and facial structures in general, on a neck with the same girth as their head is a dead giveaway.

#25     Feb 14, 2008
  6. all hell is breaking loose with our economy and these idiots want to blather on about roger clemens? give me a break... they should be grilling goldman sachs and illegal naked shorters and media complicity. mortgage fraud and the federal reserve's crimes should dominate their focus. but we get roger clemens and britney spears' meltdown.

you people deserve the hell that is coming.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ETQj3a221EQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ETQj3a221EQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

#26     Feb 14, 2008
  7. I understand what you two are saying, but I still go to the traps to draw my conclusions. We can all spot the obvious user since we need not bother with the individual trees because the forest speaks for itself. However, for all muscle groups aside from the traps, the challenge is in determing the point of demarcation. How do you decide borderline cases? With traps, there is almost no judgment call required. Anyone with even remotely puffed up and well-defined traps is likely a user. Period. Even the guy who just started using anabolic steroids and has not yet had a consequential increase to his musculature almost invariably already has puffed up and well-defined traps.

#27     Feb 14, 2008
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

4-sho.... i concur

#28     Feb 14, 2008
  9. And what makes you think it's not already here?
    :p

#29     Feb 14, 2008
  10. [​IMG]

Man on Steroids

[​IMG]

Clemens

Why do people say he's on steroids. What traps?

#30     Feb 14, 2008