Is Roger Clemens lying his ass off?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rearden Metal, Feb 13, 2008.

Is Roger Clemens lying his ass off?

1. Yes, he's clearly lying

33 vote(s)
    62.3%
  2. No, he's being honest.

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. I'm not sure whether he's lying or not.

6 vote(s)
    11.3%
  4. I'm not following Clemens' testemony, so I don't know.

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. Steroids/Cheating in Baseball? I couldn't give two shits about this entire non-issue.

11 vote(s)
    20.8%
  1. Did the speech by Dan Burton reminded anyone else of the court scene in the God Father 2 when the senator gave the speech about Italian Americans. All Dan needed to do was walk out after his act to match the scene. Funny stuff.

#11     Feb 13, 2008
  2. Couldn't give two shits about steroids in Baseball. They should all be juiced. It would make the game more interesting.

Congress should kill itself.

#12     Feb 13, 2008
  3. Sorry, wrong answer. That means that anyone who ever wishes to pursue a career as a professional athlete must get juiced, and expose himself to considerable health risk, just to be competitive. And all to entertain you. What if your young son showed early prowess in one sport or another? Would you encourage him to develop his natural talent, which would then have to be supplemented with the likes of anabolic steroids if he is to even have a chance at a career in that sport? Steroid usage in competitive sports is one form of short-cutting and cheating. What kind of environment does that create in the sports world? Whatever happened to actual sportsmanship? I vaguely recall some recent press about early stage bionic limb development for amputees. What happens when technology develops to the point where bionic limbs perform much better than man's natural limbs? Will that inspire some ambitious young athletes to have their arms or legs replaced with bionic limbs to give them an edge? And all so that you can get to see more homeruns?

I think athletes should train hard and do their level best to be competitive. But I don't think they should have to resort to destroying their health (and I'm not just talking about rotator cuffs or knees and such) just to stay in the game. That's absurd and will result in the kind of chemical one-upmanship that will one day result in a league of circus freaks, because the next guy will always be willing to take a bit more chemical risk and play it even closer to the wire...

The use of anabolic steroids and such is a cancer in the sports world. I imagine that the people who don't give a shit are typically the ones who also like to see blood in a hockey rink.

#13     Feb 13, 2008
  4. At least they're not passing legislation. Whatever Congress might spend its time on if it weren't investigating baseball would be detrimental to the citizens of the United States.

"But Congress should still be spending time trying to fix our country's problems, not looking at baseball." No. This is the real world and just becuase Congress should be governing us fairly and creating laws to better society, they aren't. The more time Congress spends investigating baseball, the better for our freedom.

#14     Feb 13, 2008
  5. They just do (and I imagine even more so if they are addressed). You mentioned that you have good trapezius development. Do you take steroids? If so, then there is no surprise. If you do not, then compare your traps to those of someone who you know is a roidster. No contest, both in terms of disproportionate size and definition.

#15     Feb 13, 2008
  6. LOL heck no, and the traps aren't good now but when I work out the traps muscle up easy and fast for me. During most of my workout years I didn't know anything about steroids, can't do what you don't know about.

#16     Feb 13, 2008
  7. Sorry wrong answer.

Every kid who shows velocity promise should have his right arm tied behind his back to develop him into a left-handed starter. Then he should get HGH and a Testosterone and Winstrol stack every six month until he's 19.

He'll thank you later after the $120 million 6 year deal.

:cool:

#17     Feb 13, 2008
  8. Bout time you said something that makes sense, living proof that even a blind squirel finds the occasional acorn. I agree with Dr.Skidmarksvodka, let athletes do as they please, this would be very entertaining. 150 mph fast balls, 100 yard field goals, slam dunks from half court, 500 yard drives, etc. I've recently started taking the juice, improved my trading by 200%.

Rennick out:cool:

#18     Feb 13, 2008
  9. I was sitting behind the screen at work with this pompous self-absorbed fathead lying to congress on the tv in the background.
    His mannerisms and that of his nervous, visibly concerned wife are shameful to watch.
    He's stammering, twitching and basically showing all the characteristics of someone who is fishing for excuses as he's been asked questions.

The other drug peddling felon, his accuser has been stable and seems to me anyway as someone telling the truth.

This whole thing is costing a ton in tax payer money.
    Some congressmen are obviously trying to get McNamee to bend (IMO those visits from Clemens brought the baseball fan in them out).
    McNamee seems to be more credible.
    That's my take.

both dirtbags but from the crap I've seen, OJ was more believable than Clemens.

Shame on him.

#19     Feb 13, 2008
  10. Wrong answer although there's not much that's going to be done about it. The issue with steroids isn't that it's 'cheating'. That characterization has always puzzled me.

The issue is that using steroids in the way that bodybuilders and high performance athletes do is bad for your health, and the message that gets sent to kids in high school (or probably junior high these days - surely the major sports leagues are scouting Grade 9 kids) is that you need to do steroids in order to compete. That's the problem.

#20     Feb 13, 2008