Is reality concrete or abstract ?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by harrytrader, Jul 12, 2003.

1. ===================

Nice trend this mourning, trend trader.:cool:

Both the discipline and reinforced concrete helped.

#51     Jul 31, 2003
  2. IN2WIN

IN2WIN

Reality is concrete.

However, we (with the possible exception of those few "enlightened beings") NEVER experience "REALITY".

Instead we experience "our" perceived reality which becomes our individualized reality and, therefore, abstract.

If ever we learn to keep our mind in the moment, no past, no future, we would begin to approach reality and bliss at the same time.

#52     Jul 31, 2003
  3. IN2WIN

IN2WIN

I'd like to add that my "perceived reality" of trading is that it is the most profitable, enjoyable and prdictable way to generate inomce.

Though the concepts (our indivualized "realities") about trading are not concrete, the income sure is for those who have a useful set of abstract realities about trading!

#53     Jul 31, 2003
  4. maxpi

maxpi

How do you know that?

#54     Jul 31, 2003
  5. The point is... what you seek for...

Do you seek to have your reality to be concrete and not abstract???

Once you think is concrete, then the reality becomes abstract.

We can never have a neutral mindset because we exist and think. True concrete reality comes from "Mu" or "Nothingness"

True Concrete Reality = Nothingness.

#55     Jul 31, 2003
  6. If it is a financial issue then it is concrete otherwise it is vaporware.:D

#56     Aug 5, 2003
  7. ttrader

ttrader

Level 1

Level 2

Level 3

ttrader

#57     Aug 5, 2003
  8. reality is just electrical impulses in our heads..

#58     Aug 6, 2003
  9. deet

deet

To deny reality is to deny existence. To deny reality is to deny the validity of the senses. To deny reality is to deny the astounding advances that science has brought to the human race. Reality is the world around us. Reality is the world we all live in, a world which operates by hard and fast (real) scientific rules. Rules which I have yet to see a single human being violate. Rules which allow us to marshall the resources of the earth and build things like computers, airplanes, and pharmaceuticals. Some say we all create our own reality, what rubbish, show me a reality that someone has created that will let them.... live forever, fly on their own, predict the future, etc. Sure, some think they create their own reality, but the bottom line is the world is an extremely concrete place. Thinking it is what you make it is to fool only yourself. Within the constraints of this concrete reality, we have a certain latitude to make choices and exercise free will. That we are able to do anything beyond this is pure fantasy.

#59     Aug 6, 2003
  10. I just came back from vacation so I need some time to assess reality again and I will read all your answers and hope could find some funny answer :D

#60     Aug 12, 2003