Is reality concrete or abstract ?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by harrytrader, Jul 12, 2003.

1. Reality... is... what is really happening... right?

Your perception and interpretation is what you see out of the reality... right?

???

Uh-oh... another linguistic problem...:confused:

#21     Jul 12, 2003

2. would anton wilson agree that the true "color" of a rose is black ?

surfer:)

#22     Jul 12, 2003
  3. I've always thought the color yellow was yellow but it was actually red for others who called it "yellow". What I call and identify as "blue" is what other percieve and call "green"...

Well, how do I know what I wrote above is true???

He he he... I actually don't...

:D

#23     Jul 12, 2003
  4. Oh silly me - I forgot to mention, that red rose that rejects the color red...
    its actually up-side down, the retina inverts the image so that it seems right-side up.

#24     Jul 13, 2003
  5. Drop yourself off in the middle of the desert with no provisions and then let me know how long the abstract water keeps you alive.

#25     Jul 13, 2003
  6. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it, does it make a sound?

-------------------

NO

#26     Jul 13, 2003
  7. YES... it's a physical property...

Is the Earth moving around the sun?

YES... but we don't feel it...

#27     Jul 13, 2003
  8. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

I said does it make a sound? I didn't say is there anything taking place when it falls.

It seems to me that there needs to be an EXPERIENCER to allow sound to exist.

If there is nothing/no one to experience the sound, please show me the proof that it has actually occurred?

Thank you.

#28     Jul 13, 2003
  9. Reality is what you see and feel - that is concrete. What you imagine or visualize - is abstract and only exists in your mind. It is human nature to turn abstract into concrete, and abstacize based on reality. Some people choose to live in the abstract others in reality. That can make all the difference in life.

#29     Jul 13, 2003
  10. one could stand in front of a moving tractor-trailer in order to determine if it is real or abstract. I wouldn't advise doing this, however. the answer should be self-evident.

#30     Jul 13, 2003