Is raising taxes on those making 250k going to hurt the economy?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by NeoRio1, Nov 5, 2008.

Is raising taxes on those making 250k going to hurt or help the economy?

1. Hurt

67 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. Help

30 vote(s)
    30.9%
  1. rosy2

rosy2

its basic economics. you dont increase taxes during a business cycle downturn. the gov't should be countercyclical.

but I think the idea behind the tax increase is to get consumers to spend rather than save by income redistribution.

#11     Nov 6, 2008
  2. Mike85

Mike85

Put this amongst the truest words ever spoken.

#12     Nov 6, 2008
  3. The government is bleeding money out the wazoo. So the PRIMARY consideration needs to be balancing the budget. Next year we may even have $1 trillion deficit. Don't you think increases in non-discretionary spending due to rise in interest payments damage the economy? Of course they do.

I say let Bush's tax cuts expire and do NOT give any tax breaks or stimulus to anyone.

#13     Nov 6, 2008
  4. TGregg

TGregg

The really interesting thing about all this is:

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=1511027

#14     Nov 6, 2008
  5. Mav88

Mav88

So the PRIMARY consideration needs to be balancing the budget

That was never in Hussein's game plan, just wealth redistribution baby, that's all you need to know. The deficit is going up, not down.

#15     Nov 6, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

Richard Russell says, "... I can't see how Obama's 1st year deficit will be less than $1.7TRILLION.."

#16     Nov 6, 2008
  7. No matter how it's stated, letting Bush's tax cuts expire = tax increase. Obama won't be able to spin that as a non-increase... I agree with no additional stimulus though. Lower gas prices (if they hold at $2.25-2.30 or less) equals 750B to 900B in stimulus anyway.

#17     Nov 6, 2008
  8. Obama is gonna raise taxes of those making 100k or more

#18     Nov 6, 2008
  9. The only thing I can say is read Atlas Shrugged.

Will "Taxes" being raised on 250k or more hurt the economy? No.
    Although I am against raising taxes on anyone, the answers is No.

Now the question is, how far does Obama go with his "Expansion of Government"? That is what will kill the US Economy and drive it into a depression. But raising Taxes alone will not kill the economy, if its raised on those making 250k or more.

Expanding the rescue and Nationalizing Auto, Banks, Retail, will kill the economy. His pland to expand health care and nationalize it will kill the economy. His idea of a Civic National "Security" force will kill the economy. His Marxist Ideas will destroy the economy.

But at the end of the day, the majority of American's voted him in. Thus, they will soon pay the piper that they sold their souls to.

I'm in Texas, use to hate it down here. Now, I feel safer than anyother state in the United States. I have purchased ammo and a few "guns" which I will not name on this site. I use to think that only nuts did this sorta thing. However, Gun shops, are empty of your best choices. Ammo is hard to come by, even on line its hard to buy in bulk right now.

Most of the guys at my firm purchased the same. Some more and some less. We don't give a shit about Gold. There are two bills pending in Congress to outlaw certain fire arms, BUSH has veto'd them but I assume 09 will bring the law into effect. Thus, the "types" of arms I have is an investment, as they will be worth more once they are outlawed. Some people buy Gold, ART, etc for the same effect.

Our industry is thriving and due to the fact that OBAMA is president, I expect more than a record year for our firm in 09. We pulled in 14 Million this year and the year is not yet up. I have job security and have stacked a boat load of " chips." However, I think 09/10 are going to be very hard years for the East and West Coast.

Economies in those areas are crashing faster than you can say, Fuck. Layoffs are hitting all industries at a very rappid pace. Texas is the only state in the United States that has a healthy economy and growth. Oil/Gas/ Medical Research and a shit load of Tech companies are moving into the area. There is no state Tax. Land, liberty and Guns are the right of each resident.

Hell is paved with good intentions and OBAMA is looking to lay that road as soon as he enters office.

So, say what you will, think what you think. Biden said OBAMA would be tested and that Americans would have to allow, "WHAT EVER MEANS THEY USE" without question, without thought and to trust that it is the right move, even though at that time, it will not seem like the right policy..........

Thus, the majority of American's, hope you live in a state where you can protect yourself, from the Obama policy, the National Civil Security Force, the long arm of the Marxist......

I do not believe in the Anti Christ. I do not believe that theory about Obama. I do believe that he is a Marxist, that he will destory American Capitalism and Freedom. He is not the leader that many believe he is, he rose to power in a very very short time. He is the worst nightmare we could imagine.

Time will tell.....but the stock market is all ready reacting.

#19     Nov 6, 2008
  10. Look at the bright side, there will be no tax increases for you.

#20     Nov 6, 2008