Is Proprietary trading dead as we know it?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by gimp570, Mar 13, 2008.

1. gimp570

gimp570

I would agree that Bright trading might be the most secure trading firm out there but prop. trading seems to be changing. I am not sure what the future holds for it.

Don Bright what do you think about all of this stuff going on with TUCO and the SEC? DO you think in the near future that prop. trading rules are going to change as far as deposits and buying power? What changes do you see?

Don what do you see for the future of prop. trading?

#11     Mar 14, 2008
  2. Charging .004-.01/share is a straight shooter? "But wait I get access to huge sums of capital" - yeah for spread plays. Charging a high rate is one thing, fine, but going around and saying that directional trading isn't an efficient way to make money (I guess it isn't... for him, compared to his pairs traders doing 2x round trips every time they go in/out), and going around saying you can't make a living with $250k BP, etc. officially disqualifies Don from the title you just gave him. Not that I have anything against the man, and he does seem to offer an honest reputable shop, which is more than a lot of these scummy scam LLCs can say.

#12     Mar 14, 2008
  3. Innovation never stops....

For one to say that there will never be way for one to put up $5k and trade $50k....ever again is highly unlikely....

The question remains as to the legal name or where it is....

Commodities are nothing more than the right to trade leveraged contracts.....

To own units of something to increase leverage aspects....is largely what a lot of hedge funds actually do....to make a 4% resulting number a lot bigger....etc....etc....

It would be a poor bet ....that there would be no vehicles....

In fact ....it is actions like this....that will cause even more innovation....

The industry is just starting....and if one were sitting at a desk 10 years ago....one would never have guessed what tools one has today to make money in the markets....

10 years from today....It is a reasonably safe assumption that not only innovation will make todays tools look like antiques....but will include more vehicles on a much broader based worldwide scale....

#13     Mar 14, 2008
  4. gimp570

gimp570

Well the only option for traders as far as Prop. is going with a B/D prop firm like bright or assent. Who would go with a sub LLC??

#14     Mar 14, 2008