Is prop trading rubbish ?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Frenchy, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Frenchy

Frenchy

you must have avery high financial degree for hoping that a firms give you money for trading ??? In France it s not possible, you must be the best of the best school but we are not a trading country so...

#11     Nov 11, 2005
  2. Frenchy

Frenchy

you have series 7 ??
    It seems very hard for me, it s better if english is your maternal language ....

#12     Nov 11, 2005
  3. tito

tito

What kind of trading did you do at Schonfeld where you made most of your dough in? (scalping, arb, momentum, etc.)
    Thanks.

#13     Nov 11, 2005
  4. rwk

rwk

I trade from home, and I do not have any licenses. I had a series 3 years ago, and I have heard that series 7 is a very difficult test.

The big-name investment banking houses in the US, such as Salomon and Goldman, pay well but are *very* selective. It is hard to get hired there. But that is not the same a proprietary trading. At a prop shop, you usually do not get a salary, and you usually have to reimburse them for any losses.

#14     Nov 11, 2005
  5. Frenchy

Frenchy

if you have a family.....what a pressure !!!

#15     Nov 11, 2005
  6. EPrado

EPrado

You might be rich.....but you lost one helluva bet to me....lol....but I was nice about it...only hit ya for 20...unlike others on the desk...

#16     Nov 11, 2005
  7. So firms like Bright, Echo, HLV, swift are not prop firms,
    if so, what are they good for?

#17     Nov 11, 2005
  8. LOL, Part a), was very funny

#18     Nov 11, 2005
  9. That third option best describes it.

30-1 leverage and (comparatively) low commission rates.

#19     Nov 11, 2005
  10. Yes, I made a pretty lousy bookie/oddsmaker in the exciting field of 'Which of the three possible suitors the studio audience will pick on the TV show 'The Dating Game', while we were all watching/betting on that crap because the market was so slow.' :D :D :D

#20     Nov 11, 2005