Is price action trading the most insightful(& most accurate)?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by orbit23, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Overnight

Overnight

I think the older writers of Star Trek content knew about E-Wave theory and it's folly, and put it into ST:TSFS as an Easter egg.

I.E. If you follow Elliot Waves theory, you will self destruct. :)

#51     Aug 10, 2019
    Reactive Analytics likes this.
  2. S-Trader

S-Trader

IMO, the word “indicator” in trading is more “properly”/“purely" defined as a derivative of price, volume and time, which are pure data. Since candlesticks reflect pure price data (OHLC) for a specific time period, they're not really “indicators” by that definition.

However, I suppose you could argue that by *coloring* them (red/green, black or white), you’re implementing a visual aid that essentially acts as a “derivative" of price -- i.e., color indicates price direction… and therefore candlesticks could qualify as “indicators” in that sense.

But other than that... when you utilize candlesticks in your read of PA, technical patterns, etc., you *are* using them to “indicate” something. But to therefore call them “indicators” seems like a “tail wags dog” argument.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    #52     Aug 10, 2019
  3. volpri

volpri

Buy1sell2 says Prudent Risk Management is the only edge. PRM

#53     Aug 10, 2019
    birdman likes this.
  4. Reactive Analytics,

This is very very true. I don't give damn about predicting nothing , just wanna react. I'm not greedy, just let me get some on the way up or on the way down.

#54     Aug 10, 2019
  5. volpri

volpri

What are you reacting to and why?

#55     Aug 10, 2019
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  6. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

Amen!

#56     Aug 11, 2019
    maxinger likes this.
  7. maxinger

maxinger

hallelujah !

#57     Aug 11, 2019
  8. I am reacting to whatever shape price is creating and whatever momemun going. Directional trading.

#58     Aug 11, 2019
  9. And do not want to do nothing else when it comes to trading, but manage the trade after entry. It just comes to a point when it is time to put all the bullshit away and keep things simple.

#59     Aug 11, 2019
  10. volpri

volpri

So you have a directional bias that is formulated before you take a position? If so, then you are in a sense predicting. At the very minimum extrapolating into the future from the present and past.

“A prediction is what someone thinks will happen. A prediction is a forecast, but not only about the weather. Pre means “before” and diction has to do with talking. So a prediction is a statement about the future. It's a guess, sometimes based on facts or evidence, but not always.” Source: Vocabulary dot com

For instance, I predict Mr T will win with a landslide based upon the evidence, or should I say lack of evidence, that the other side can muster up. This lack is in itself evidence. In addition, they are losers and sore losers at that. They cannot come to grips with reality. ROFL

Extrapolate: “extend the application of (a method or conclusion) to an unknown situation by assuming that existing trends will continue or similar methods will be applicable.” Source: Lexico dot com

Prediction...extrapolation...are not dirty words. Every time I sit in front of my computer to trade I am almost constantly predicting and extrapolating for every trade. And I like the challenge. I am not always right in my predictions but if I am right, more often than I am wrong, and all other things being close to equal, then I have an edge.

#60     Aug 11, 2019