Is price action trading the most insightful(& most accurate)?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by orbit23, Aug 7, 2019.

1. bone

bone

It means that Elliott Wave theory can be made to fit any scenario the user wants. You can make a bullish case or a bearish case using EW at the same point in time.

In fact, if you’ve ever used Elliott Wave software - you’ll find that previously established wave counts change over time. For example, today we might be seeing an exhaustion Wave #5 but in two months it’s being called Wave #4. That’s been my experience on both CQG and eSignal.

#31     Aug 7, 2019
  2. Handle123

Handle123

I think in golf they call it a "mulligan" and can hit it again without adding to stroke count? But in trading, there is no Mulligans, they are called losses.

#32     Aug 8, 2019
  3. Zor_Champ

Zor_Champ

The only thing Elliott Wave is "good" at is constructing evidence after the fact.

#33     Aug 8, 2019
  4. Zor_Champ,

Have you day traded with Elliot Wave before?

Thanks

#34     Aug 8, 2019
  5. bone

bone

Oh, I’d love to hear from someone who has ‘successfully’ day traded with EW. Be a first for me - and I’ve been at it since the ‘90’s.

I’ve shared offices with hundreds of electronic Day traders.

#35     Aug 8, 2019
  6. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

#36     Aug 8, 2019
  7. %%
    That + collecting dividends if the price action supports it-NOT a prediction. Prediction is not used by people that understand the stock market or the true meaning of prediction.:cool::cool:,:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: HINT; its called a weather forecast, not a weather prediction.

Good question orbit23................................................................................

#37     Aug 8, 2019
    tomorton likes this.
  8. pstrusi

pstrusi

It can't be almost impossible to predict a coming new trend, but we should be able to tell if a new trend starting has "legs".

#38     Aug 8, 2019
  9. %%
    True partly ;
    but that + 500 or 505+ other things............. And i did not even count the PT Jones 2019 timely quote from before that 1987 video= ''BUY @ market'' Safe to say ''buy @ market'' made him much more money.

One of Jack Scwagers top traders who had used EW, in the past said, ''he is sitting by the pond waiting for the tidal waVe'' LOL -LOL:cool::cool:, :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

#39     Aug 8, 2019
  10. tomorton

tomorton

Surely price which is not trending cannot be predicted to become a trend, and neither can the duration or consistency of an existing trend be predicted. Unless you know of a way?

#40     Aug 8, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.