Is 'Positive Mental Attitude' motivation good for a trader?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MainFramer, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Commisso

Commisso Guest

Chasin could you elaborate a little on what you mean by 'truthful'???

PEACE and good trading,
    Commisso

#21     Jul 8, 2002
  2. gnome

gnome

Sacasm, right? (If not, sorrrry.)

As I see both positive and negative attitude as more likely to lead to undisciplined trades (and likely unnecessary losses) than to benefit, here's perhaps my favorite thought: BLACKJACK!

I'm looking for the "blackjack" trade set-up where the game is a bit different. In this game I get to set the rules, but I can't guarantee a win or tie for myself on any hand (trade).
    1. I get to count cards
    2. I can bet or not bet any hand
    3. I get to see my cards and the dealer's up card before deciding whether to bet or not

With these rules, I'd bet only when (a) the remaining cards mostly count 10, (b) the dealer has 9 or less showing, and (c) I have 19 or 20.

As you can imagine, one should beat the dealer over the long haul. However, should one be extraordinarily unlucky and have the dealer draw out 21 over and over, one could still lose one's butt. (And so it is with trading.)

With such a game, you wouldn't need "positive mental attitude" and no losing streak should ever get you down as the odds on the next hand (and every hand) are still in your favor, no matter what. Therefore, "attitude" is irrelevant because you set the parameters... either it works out or you stop out.

"So, Sherman", as Mr. Peabody would say, " Think Blackjack, design the best game you can and let 'er rip".

:D

#22     Jul 8, 2002

3. :) :D :p :cool:

#23     Jul 9, 2002
  4. Actually I try to forget myself while trading. That's probably when I do the best trading.

#24     Jul 9, 2002
  5. Commisso

Commisso Guest

hmmm how can 'I' forget 'I' ??? :confused: :confused:
    must be some kind of crazy Zen riddle or something! :mad:
    Are you by any chance related to the Cretan Philosopher that declared "All Cretans are liars"??? Plus if "you" lost "you" than what "I"was doing the trading???

PEACE
    Commisso

#25     Jul 9, 2002