Is Phil Grande's paid trading site any good?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Jreality, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Jreality

Jreality

I've been listening to Phil Grande's free radio show archives at http://www.philsgang.com and he has a tendency to brag about how well him and his "gang" (the paid members of his service) have been doing in their trading. The service is $39.95 a month. Will joining result in profitable trades overall? I've been burned by paid trading services in the past, so I'm wondering if this one is any better. I don't want to get burned again, so if anyone has experience with this site, let me know how it worked out for you.

Thanks,

J.

MeAgainstTheWorld likes this.
  2. Good luck trying to figure out an actual track record based upon his calls as you can't really find a page which shows where his entries are. I actually made a comment about that and was told that they couldn't do that for the daily trades, but they might do it for longer term trades, which was hilarious since they seem to trade once every couple of days at best. I joined for a couple months just to see what it was like (didn't trade his calls with real cash).
    He basically uses the stochastic and a couple of moving averages on various time frames to time a basket of stocks.
    He has a few proprietary indicators (X1 & X2)that are supposed to indicate where the "smart" money are loading and unloading, but these cost you extra (I didn't bother to try them). You can probably get a decent approximation by eyeballing support/resistance.
    If you are brand new, I think his method would be confusing as hell.

Maybe some of this has changed since I was a member, but I quit months ago and stopped listening to his show even when I was a member. His radio show is beyond useless...every single day it's just a bitch session about government (Democrat, Republican, I don't think he cares which), Barney Frank, and financial terrorists.

I had no problems canceling or anything, though, so my suggestion is take the free trial if they still have one, do a month if you still aren't convinced and learn whatever you can on the website and then dump it.

3. For the record, I will state that I don't think he's a shyster or anything and you can probably pick up a tidbit or two. I just didn't find enough of value to warrant continuing my subscription (I think I was a member for 2 or 3 months).

4. spindr0

spindr0

Generally:

Them that can, do.
    Them that can't, teach (or sell subscriptions)

5. I am a Phil's Gang member and have been for about 6 months. I am what he calls a "Working Investor" and only use the PT2 chart. I'm up 10% on my entire bankroll so far, but really should have been up nearly 50% or more trading FCX and MA.

Phil doesn't nearly go into as much detail on his radio as on his site. He regularly has 4-5 videos a day on the market, plus the PT1 for people who can watch the market during the day and PT2 for the workers really make it worthwhile.

A lot of stocks I have been watching just turned over on the weekly stochastic (one major indicator Phil teaches about) and I believe we should be on our way for a 5-10% correction in the next few weeks, and I'm shorting a few stocks and am pretty excited about it.

Anyways for 50 bucks a month (35 membership and 15 for the PT2 or whatever it is) I easily get my money back and then some. I'm a complete doofus and am on track to make 20% on my entire roll in a year, and thats not even doing it completely right!

You can feel free to ask me questions about my experience.

6. Phil wastes a lot of time on his radio hate message, the congress is corrupt, the stock market is corrupt, the economy is bad Frank,Dodd, Geitner,Bad, gold and Peter Schiff good.

He does not list the date he called the trade, and when he does suggest you buy, he claims to say pull the trigger but he never actually says that. He timidly says "well if you want to buy okd?" then only with 25 shares. then he says he can not tell any investor how many shares to add so he never says until the stock has moved up then after he says you should have added.
    Phil says any person who questions his show is a hate mail in guy. hE IS NOT A LICENSES STOCK BROKER AND CAN NOT MAKE STOCK MARKET RECOMENDATIONS AND YET HE PRETENDS TO TELL HIS STUDNETS WHEN TO BUY AND WHEN TO SELL. ONLY HIS CLASS IS SET UP TO TEACH WITHOUT ACTUALLY DOING HIS FULL CYCLE OF BUYING AND TRADE. SO ONCE MORE HE WILL KIND OF HINT , NOT PULL THE TRIGGER WHEN YOU MIGHT GO IN LONG OR SHORT THEN HE WILL TELL YOU AFTER THE FACT LIKE A FLYING CROWBAR WHY HE WAS RIGHT ABOUT WHAT HE DID NOT SAY WITH CONVICTION IN THE FIRST PLACE, IN SHORT NOT WORTH THE MONEY

7. Wow you are pretty mad for registering as "gangmember" and then trashing Phil. Phil gives you the rules on when to add. But he always says to add whatever you are comfortable with. Keep in mind nothing is ever 100% certain and you need stops. No sense in adding 500 shares if a 2 point swing is going to give you fits.

Phil says to start with 25 shares, because of course he doesn't know 100% that the stock is going up. One of the first rules he says to new members is: you will lose on average 3 out of every 5 trades. The 25 shares are "scouts." The three losses though are very minimal, with only a 2-4 point stop depending on the stock price, and when the 2 winners go, you make up the losses quickly. It's his "power system" and if you look for it on youtube you will see it for yourself.

Keep in mind every radio show starts with a disclaimer about seeking advise from professionals. On his radio show he cannot say what he says on his site, because he will be exposed to liability. On the site, after getting an education for a couple of weeks, members learn the signals and patterns to execute on their own. The whole point of the gang is to free yourself from 401K managers who only screw you, and to become the activist investor to make better returns without paying commissions and fees .

Anyways I wrote too much to respond, but it irks me to see trolls ignorantly blab about what they do not know, and poorly pass them off as someone they aren't. Gang member, my ass.

8. Phil is not a registered stock broker. So he claims to train you how to trade stocks. When he suggests that you buy a stock he says he will tell you to pull the trigger. This does not happen, he timidly might say "if you want, you could step in with 25 shares and see how it goes. Then he does not say when to add , usually until it is too late and then he blames the members for not adding like the members have all been trained and should have known to add to their positions. How much to add, well Phil cannot tell the member that is up to each person’s risk tolerance. Phil has a unique defense mechanism to protect himself from any responsibility for losing member stock market money. It is not his decision , it is the members they can do whatever they want. So he trains the member like a drill instructor but in the field he lets the member do whatever the member wants, he likes to have it both ways, not his fault. You have to trust the instruments when he flew a helicopter that was the way.

Then when the stock does make money long or short, he starts bragging like the greatest, M Ali in his boxing prime. He does admit that he does not know for sure when to get in, and he does say to use stop loss. If you call or email and he does not like your question, read that as criticism, you are branded a hate mail person, it is never Phil, oh he does admit when he makes a mistake, but he thought he was wrong once, turns out he was not wrong.

His radio show is part pump up the Phil’s gang membership drive, and conspiracy theory broken record, Barney Frank or Tim , Geithner, the plunge protection team, the stock market is corrupt, the government is corrupt, there will be a major crash, sometime in the future. Follow XLF and SMH they predict the SPY and the IWM, watch IBM, he follows about 5 stocks and does more after the fact reporting than actual pull the trigger buy or sell short. The stock market goes sideways 60% of the time. Then he spends time with members reviewing their stocks, does a morning and closing market wrap, seems ok with setting a get in price of a stock off a spring board set up, does that regularly and actually does place a price, if he would do that on his charting for when to enter without the spring board, meaning when a stock hits the support level as his PTT1 or PTT2 shows then he would actually make some money. It seems too complicated for him to figure out, the support might be good , but the volume is not , the XLF is ok but the SMH is not or any one of those variables and then if it were easy we would all be rich. So that is what 3 years looks like in the above post.

9. I thought you are not supposed to use profanity like "my Ass", you responded like a Phils gang pump monkey and made a pathetic slam of me. I stated what Phil does , you became vulgar and attacked me on a personal level and you act like I am mad at Phil, I said what Phil does and did not indicate I am mad at him, are you Phil? If not what is your beef, never seen such a angry person who thinks he had to defend a thrid person, take a chill pill and go to sleep

10. philsgang, many years ago I asked phil to do inverse etf's for gang members who can not short in their retirement account, he told me he did not do them and did not understand them now he does show gang member and says it is easy. My point it is easy and yet he pretends to claim it was too hard for him ? another gang member told him about jrcc and phil did not give him a hat when he asked . phil says he has been trading jrcc for a long time true ever since a friend told him about it. He is a good chart guy and does have some good points but he really takes way too much credit for after the fact, he will be good at picking a bottom like now and then he will suggest many stocks to buy, when the run up is done Phil eliminates the stocks that did not run up as good as the best. He then brags about how good his stock picks were, but ignores his less than steller picks. He has thin skin and says you send him hate mail if you ask a question he does not like. And yet he is more than slightly insulting to people he does not like other stock market gurus like Jim and some of the reporteers he slams and the politicians he hates. He has a lot of hate , he is fighting some local problem in his community. I guess what I do not like is he can't have it both ways you have to kiss his behind even if you pay him for advice and yet he can slam any person that he wants to . Not a very stable personality and very emotional

#10     Sep 6, 2011