Is palin still a candidate for president?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by noob_trad3r, Aug 28, 2009.

1. I have not heard much regarding her and 2012. Is she planning on running? and who might be her running mate?

2. She's a "candidate" as much as Dan Quayle was. :D

3. in her mind i am sure she thinks she is.

4. So conservatives/GOP have abandoned a palin 2012?

So who are the possible 2012 candidates for the republican side?

5. Of course she'll run.She will take up religious and gun votes that could go to more credible candidates.She will take money from Republican supporters that could go to better candidates .

Shes a democrats dream to be the Republican nominee

6. Mercor

Mercor

For right now she is controlling the health care debate and pounding the positions of Obama. Saving the future of the United States of America.

7. Even Republicans wont stand behind her death panel claims.This women is poison to your party.i would think you would have realized this after she sank McCain's campaign

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200908270004

Luntz tells Fox & Friends hosts: "It isn't a death panel," Obama opponents have "gone too far"

<object width='320' height='260'><param name='movie' value='http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/flash/player.swf'></param><param name='flashvars' value='config=http://mediamatters.org/embed/cfg2?id=200908270004'></param><param name='allowscriptaccess' value='always'></param><param name='allownetworking' value='all'></param><embed src='http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/flash/player.swf' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' flashvars='config=http://mediamatters.org/embed/cfg2?id=200908270004' allowscriptaccess='always' allowfullscreen='true' width='320' height='260'></embed></object>

8. Smart Republicans know what a cancer Palin is

Vulnerable GOPs want Palin to stay home

Republicans facing tough elections in 2010 don’t want Sarah Palin campaigning with them.

Though the soon-to-be-former Alaska governor is seen as popular with the conservative grass roots, several Republicans said she’d help them by staying home in Wasilla.

Several of these Republicans hail from districts or states carried in 2008 by President Obama, a frequent target of Palin’s criticism. Republicans must keep these districts and win others where Obama is popular if they are to gain seats next year.

GOP Rep. Lee Terry (Neb.), who squeaked out a victory despite his district’s overwhelming turnout for Obama, said he’d rather have House colleagues campaign for him than Palin.

“There’s others that I would have come in and campaign and most of them would be my colleagues in the House,” Terry said.

Rep. Frank Wolf, a Republican from Northern Virginia, which is increasingly becoming Democratic territory, offered caution when asked whether he’d welcome a Palin fundraiser.

“I don’t generally need people from outside my district to do a fundraiser,” Wolf said.

Several other lawmakers indicated a wariness about accepting help from Palin, but did not want to criticize the GOP’s vice presidential candidate from last year. They said Palin could hurt them by firing up Democrats.

Rep. Pete Hoekstra (R), who is running to become Michigan’s governor in 2010, said he needs a better explanation of why Palin suddenly quit her job before he’d want her campaigning with him in Michigan.

“I’ve thought about it but I don’t have an answer,” Hoekstra said. Before making a call on a Palin visit, he said, “I need a better understanding of why she quit. Why quit with a year and a half to go?”

Earlier this week, New Jersey’s state GOP chairman said that organizers “don’t have any plans” to have Palin stump on behalf of candidate Chris Christie. New Jersey, which overwhelmingly supported Obama in 2008, will elect a governor this fall, and polls show Christie in the lead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WASHINGTON — One of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's potential presidential rivals said Sunday that her abrupt resignation won't help her dodge scrutiny. President George W. Bush's chief political adviser said her strategy is, at best, unclear.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said Palin's announcement that she would not seek a second term -- and leave office before finishing her first -- simply doesn't make sense in a conventional political setting.

Then again, the pair said, Palin has never been a conventional candidate and her stunning announcement on Friday is what they have come to expect from the Republicans' 2008 vice presidential candidate.

Huckabee, who ran for president in 2008 and could try again, said her announcement raised more questions than it answered. He said he remains a Palin fan and insisted she continues to be a viable candidate.

But her reason for resigning -- that she was dogged by critics who cost her state millions in legal fees 00 will be a liability for her if she seeks the White House, Huckabee said.

"If that had been the case for me, I would've quit in my first month," said Huckabee. If she's looking to be a national political figure, it's not going to get easier, he said.

"In a primary this is going to be an issue she'll have to face. Will she be able to withstand the pressure?" he asked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's "nuts", that is what the jounior senator from Georgia said about Palin's stand on educating Medicare patients on end-of-life care.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/2009/08/is_the_government_going_to_eut.html

The Republican lawmaker, Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-GA), made the comments in an interview with Washington Post columnist Ezra Klein Monday. His remarks may underscore how far Palin has strayed from the Republican base. Isakson co-sponsored a measure a measure in 2007 aimed at educating Medicare patients about their options for end-of-life care.

“Is this bill going to euthanize my grandmother?” Klein asked Isakson, referring to former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin’s comments that Democrats’ healthcare proposal would create “death panels.” “What are we talking about here?”

“How did this become a question of euthanasia?” Klein asked.

“I have no idea,” the senator replied. “I understand — and you have to check this out — I just had a phone call where someone said Sarah Palin’s web site had talked about the House bill having death panels on it where people would be euthanized. How someone could take an end of life directive or a living will as that is nuts.You’re putting the authority in the individual rather than the government. I don’t know how that got so mixed up.”

9. The third time could be the "charm" for Pat Buchanan. If the world goes to "hell" in ~2011, his type of politics along with a Democratic incumbent would be the ideal backdrop for his candidacy. Wait and see. :cool:

10. u21c3f6

u21c3f6

I would like to think that most Republicans, no matter how much they might hate Democrats, would in no way shape or form vote for this woman.

Is there any Democrat that could possibly run against her that would make you want to vote for Palin instead?

Joe.

#10     Aug 28, 2009