Is Palin Getting Punked?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Sep 2, 2009.

1. I have quite a following,welcome aboard

#11     Sep 2, 2009

2. When will Repubs like you understand that the left loves Sarah Palin ?There are some Repubs on this board that knows that Palin is a joke and want her to go away,to bad you don't get it

BTW,why would the left be scared of a women who cant get the Majority of the female vote ?(Obama got more female votes then McCain)

#12     Sep 2, 2009
  3. jem

jem

I want her to go away because I want to see more intelligent people running for the Presidency.

but it is obvious the left is terrified of a woman gaining national attention who believes abortion is a barbaric act.

The left knows that a non pro choice women could take a lot of votes away from liberal candidates.

If the right takes away the lefts women... the left will be left with patchwork of losers, outcasts, non english speakers, unemployed, people who work for and suck off the government and white people who feed off the underclass.

#13     Sep 2, 2009
  4. The only candidate the left is afraid of is Mitt Romney.The guy match's Obama in education,beats Obama in business success and has success leading an executive Branch of government.He even match's Obama in giving his time to help others with his missionary work

Luckily for the left Palin,Huckabee,Jindal,the birthers etc keeps a real threat like Romney out of the spot light

You are seriously delusional if you think a non pro choice women is a threat to Democratic voters.The majority of women,even if they don't personally believe in abortion don't want the government taking that right away from them.There are a lot of reasons that more women voted for obama then McCain/ palin and her position on abortion is probably the biggest one

#14     Sep 2, 2009

5. http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=4726502&page=1

Can McCain Win Over Women Voters?
    Positions on Equal Pay Legislation and Abortion Could Widen Gender Gap
    By MARCUS BARAM
    April 25, 2008 —

Abortion Stance
    "Equal pay has never been high on the agenda," she said. "Look at the debates. How many times did equal pay come up as a question? Not once."

Although McCain now claims that he's strongly anti-abortion -- polls have shown most women support abortion rights -- his position on the issue was more nuanced in the past.

"But certainly in the short term, or even the long term, I would not support [a] repeal of Roe v. Wade," he told the Commonwealth Club in San Francisco in 1999.

McCain has the tentative support of the Republican Majority for Choice despite the fact that the group only endorses Republicans who support abortion rights.

"There is a lot we like about McCain," said the group's co-chair Jennifer Stockman. "While his voting record on abortion is not acceptable to us, we are looking forward to him coming up with some common sense language to deal with the issue."

Although Stockman predicts that McCain will win over more female voters than Bush because of his maverick independence, she says that he could be hurt in the general election when women find out about his stance on abortion.

"A lot of women will be surprised to learn that he's not pro-choice," she said. "There will be women asking a lot of questions."

#15     Sep 2, 2009
  6. jem

jem

polls have shown what?

abortion is a 50 50 issue according to many polls - it depends on how the question is asked.

As hispanics gain more voting power they will be joining, white and black Christians and other practicing Catholics against abortion.

The clock is ticking on abortion. (at least in the voting booth.)

By the way - I wonder how the hell the Kennedy's said Ted was a devout Catholic. That was a disgusting piece of bullshit to me and soured the whole rest of the eulogy.

A devout Catholic and voting for abortion does not equate.

#16     Sep 2, 2009

7. no kidding? could have fooled me.
    anyway........see ya' later.

#17     Sep 2, 2009
  8. you are truly clueless jem.Pro choice is the majority and will only grow

Hilary got more female votes then Obama,Palin got less female votes then Obama,thats more conclusive then any poll

#18     Sep 2, 2009
  9. jem

jem

nice line - someone say that to you on another thread.

You are free to draw any specious conclusions you wish. Democrats seem to be very good at that. I prefer to go to the source for facts... when they are available.

from Gallup

http://www.gallup.com/poll/118399/more-americans-pro-life-than-pro-choice-first-time.aspx

More Americans “Pro-Life” Than “Pro-Choice” for First Time
    Also, fewer think abortion should be legal “under any circumstances”
    by Lydia Saad

PRINCETON, NJ -- A new Gallup Poll, conducted May 7-10, finds 51% of Americans calling themselves "pro-life" on the issue of abortion and 42% "pro-choice." This is the first time a majority of U.S. adults have identified themselves as pro-life since Gallup began asking this question in 1995.

qgpmcs1jxuwo2l6achm_cg

#19     Sep 2, 2009
  10. I agree with the earlier ET member who called you on being an idiot. Are you an African-American? You seem resentful toward white folks.

Polls show the least amount of public support for abortion since Roe v Wade. Interestingly young men favor abortion rights at a slightly higher rate than young women. Today's young women, those who wouldn't know Gloria Steinham from Gloria Gaynor, are repulsed and grossed out by abortion. Especially compared to the old school views of the coke and Quaalude's, pick up a strange guy in a bar women from the 70's. Women today are empowered enough to not feel liberated based on the number of random dicks they service.

White, married women with children voted at better than 62% for McCain. And since 1940, the only Democrat candidate for President to recieve more than 50% of the white vote was LBJ in 1964.

#20     Sep 2, 2009