is orderflow the holy grail? Observe these charts

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1a2b3cppp, Aug 10, 2018.

1. padutrader

padutrader

order flow is not a fait accompli.....volume is. Volume is a done deal,transactions happened and at high volume areas, there was liquidity.
    markets job is to transact business and so it is always searching for liquidity .
    do some work and put volume on a chart and see how the market tends to go towards the areas where there was confirmed liquidity/ high volume: break out pullbacks happen because of this.

this is especially useful in determining target zones where the market will stop.

According to Tom Williams-and confirmed by my limited experience using volume spread- any reversal bar which has high volume compared to the spread/range will eventually be tested by the market and only when the volume in that area dries up,will the market be free to continue.

this is contrary to most beliefs who assume that high volume is always bullish

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    #11     Aug 10, 2018
  2. padutrader

padutrader

what does not? [take years of dedication,and capital or funds]
    ever met a professional who has made money in a month? any professional has trained for 10-15 years before he starts making money from that profession

#12     Aug 10, 2018
  3. padutrader

padutrader

market direction for how long is the point:4 ticks 10 ticks 20 ticks 50 ticks or 5000 ticks
    my target usually is 4 ticks but i use volume not order flow

#13     Aug 11, 2018
  4. That's so untrue lol what wall street talks about on documentationary about how algo detects order flow and exploit temporary arbitrage opportunity
    isn't true. They just want to confuse publics and regulators

#14     Aug 11, 2018
  5. If it works, it works. Usually, the way to find it out, is to trade it with real money and see if you make money, or lose it. If you post your script, I can help you debug it.

#15     Aug 11, 2018
  6. Yes, many people who are in the service, contracting business earn money from day one.

Not many professionals have to be trained 10 to 15 years before they make money in it.

#16     Aug 12, 2018
  7. IAlwaysWin

IAlwaysWin

Agreed! For binaries I find it's volume and momentum. I'm interested in learning more about DOM though.

#17     Aug 12, 2018
  8. Blehs

Blehs

Order flow isn't just defined as the amount of bids/offers though right? It encompasses a lot of other stuff as well like buying/selling, price action in correlated markets, how spreads are moving, fundamental events occurring at the time, general sentiment of the market. So maybe whoever stated that "order flow is the holy grail" was just trying to simplify all those complex factors into one thing.

#18     Aug 12, 2018
    padutrader likes this.
  9. Magna

Magna Administrator

This thread has been cleaned up. Let's please stay on the OP's topic, and not veer off into your personal discussions. Thanks.

#19     Aug 13, 2018