Is OIL SERIOUSLY undervalued right now??

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by orbit23, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Overnight

Overnight

I wish I stuck with my original plan. *sniffs*

#41     Nov 1, 2019
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Anyone out there want to do it? Right here, right now, in the middle of the range is where you should calendar spread it! Do it! I would, but I have a bad hole in my mouth where a tooth used to be. It hurts, hehe.

#42     Nov 1, 2019
  3. yc47ib

yc47ib

If your correct first target 58.23, second 60.22, then it can go higher or lower, not of concern now

#43     Nov 3, 2019
    _eug_ likes this.
  4. CleverBoy

CleverBoy

I think that oil will soon lose its position. I think electricity is the future. Experts say oil will remain relevant for 20 years. The price falls no more than 4%.

#44     Nov 4, 2019
  5. orbit23

orbit23

The price is going higher. The trade is panning out. I will let you know if i change my mind. You are not getting to buy at 50$ or 40$. We are either going to moon from here or i wouldn't want to buy it any lower. Below 54$ is invalidation for me right now. That's when i'm wrong, and as it moves up, i trail SL, but i don't speculate on tops. Let it run.

Aramco is a big bear trap and it's working out.

#45     Nov 4, 2019
  6. A number of points to add to this thread.

- Global ISMs recovering.
    - Rig counts have been dropping precipitously for the past year so supply will be tight.
    https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/crude-oil-rigs
    - We got a 3 sigma move up in the price of crude on the Saudi drone bombing. Moves like that tend to foreshadow long term rises in the price of oil with consistency.
    - US has a president who is a dove/non-interventionist which opens the door to geo-political risk.
    - Lots of room for commercial hedgers to sell more in CL and Heating Oil. Looks like a bottom more than a top.

I am long CL.

#46     Nov 4, 2019
    _eug_ likes this.
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

i dunno; energy's been about my only consistent loser this year. The politics of it all mean you gotta keep prices low to keep the voter base happy.

#47     Nov 4, 2019
  8. dealmaker

dealmaker

Hedge Funds Buy Oil in Anticipation of Short-covering Rally: Kemp (Reuters)
    LONDON (Reuters) – Hedge funds have started to become more optimistic about the outlook for oil prices amid hopes that the United States and China will reach a trade truce and the global economy will avert recession in 2019/20. From a fundamental perspective, hedge funds are rebuilding long positions in crude and fuels because the news flow about the economy is no longer deteriorating, even if it is not yet improving much.

#48     Nov 5, 2019
  9. orbit23

orbit23

Good news after a 5%+ rally? Thanks but no thanks. I'm out for now. Afraid of volatility in stocks too... Will re-enter lower if a setup appears

#49     Nov 6, 2019
  10. orbit23

orbit23

Longer term outlook is still possible, but i'm trading on lower timeframes...

I'm just having a bad vibe about stocks and i don't want to be in oil right now... Nice setup would be something like this on Monthly. Fakeout before the breakout? Please.

[​IMG]

#50     Nov 6, 2019