Is Oil at the top of Mount PricevsTime?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by riskfreetrading, Apr 28, 2008.

1. try this: it is now 1:41PM. Short NDX at 1933.5 (it is there now). Risk is small, and reward much higher, and probs should be good.

#11     Apr 29, 2008
  2. Great, seriously I hope it works out for you. I realize you dont care for my comments since I am a realist and I dont go in for some of the fluff, but I respect the fact you made a call here and I do hope it works out for you. Good Luck.

#12     Apr 29, 2008
  3. I picked half of it at 1929. You know how to calculate. Take some of that and add it to the remaining half, and you will conclude that I cannot be hurt. I have a risk free trade, with a well placed stop. No one can hurt me on this trade.

The above should know teach a second lesson.

"Take the pie, cut it in two pieces or more.
    Sell half pie to a hungry bull.
    Keep the second half for more"

#13     Apr 29, 2008
  4. NDX how now?

#14     Apr 29, 2008
  5. You thought you know it all. I did not yet cross your posting time with your statement but if history repeats itself, you have become bullish in 1940 area. I suggest that you offer a service where you just give customers the opposite of what you think. You will do every well.

I can tell you what I did. Made 4.5 on first half. Stopped at 1935 on second half.

Then reentered all at 1941, took half at 1936 for five points gain.
    I am sleeping with one half.

So in summary: I have half position with (4.5+5-1.5) gain, which makes my breakeven at 1948. Stops are in place, and I have nothing to lose (by possibly a lot to gain).

Frankly instead of fighting the market you should learn.

Where is oil at now? Still bullish on it? Buy the dipps at least you would lose less if you do trade on the buy side.

Big money is made shorting. If you believe that the max gain on shorting is 100% you are wrong.

Let me ask you: what is the max gain on a short position?

#15     Apr 29, 2008
  6. He has no clue.
    My guess is he doesn't even know what the name of Goldman's oil trading unit . . .

Just another "kid" using ET to play on the Internet until his parents get home from work.

#16     Apr 29, 2008
  7. Oil is more than $5 down from the point when this thread started some 48 hours ago?

I am interested to read the views of those who posted here, and were so bullish just 48 hours ago? Once you turn bearish, would it go up?

Goldmen can also post here, if they have the balls to do so.

#17     Apr 30, 2008
  8. You continue to show how much of an amateur you are. It's GOLDMAN SACHS, not Goldmen.

http://www2.goldmansachs.com/

#18     Apr 30, 2008