Is Obama trying to discredit capitalism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bond_trad3r, Mar 2, 2009.

1. jem

jem

It seems that even the anti christian and anti God guy - are very close to agreeing that a belief in God is probably good for a nation. (as long as it is not forced on the people.)

I also know that religion can be used as a tool for political leaders.

My thesis is that taking God out of schools is just a slow national suicide. Liberals have caused a vacuum in the way we impart morality and a work ethic and even a sense of community.

Into that vacuum has rushed a cornucopia of detrimental things.

#31     Mar 3, 2009
  2. stu

stu

The "anti Christian and anti God guy" seems close to agreeing that a belief in God is not a necessity for the good of a nation.

If there is a vacuum, there by no means need be. Such things were before any Christian religion and are, easily filled by imparting morality , ethics and a sense of community despite religion. The conversation seems to suggest quite clearly that all those things are apparent irrespective of any separate personal beliefs.

The absence of God does not absent good values.

#32     Mar 3, 2009
  3. Actually, I imagine that this is exactly what it means for the "god fearing."

#33     Mar 3, 2009
  4. jem

jem

well - don't you think you its about time you and your anti god people started getting to work? Lets see some character building. I suggest you identify a problem - such as Congress and work you way back to wall street and the schools.

I am waiting for the magical goodness of secular society to appear. so far your first 40 years have sucked.

#34     Mar 3, 2009
  5. I see, another "blameless conservative" attacking liberals for the problems...

How novel.

I suggest you put the blame where it actually belongs. Blame the institutions of religion in America for taking real faith in God out of daily living...

#35     Mar 3, 2009
  6. jem

jem

another non sequitor.

you are blaming the churches for liberals taking God out of public institutions? or

are you blaming churches for taking Jesus out of Christians?

thats an entirely different argument. to which I would respond which churches are you talking about?

#36     Mar 3, 2009
  7. You really don't get it do you jem.

How sad.

Jesus Christ must be crying when he looks to America and sees the perversion of his simple and beautiful message to care for every man like your own brother and love God with all your heart.

#37     Mar 3, 2009
  8. stu

stu

You have the groundings of Freedom justice and liberty as independent standing inalienable values at the heart of public institutions .So thank goodness then, my "anti god people" have already been at work.

Those great values are subverted and abused by any who would remove them or present themselves as proxy for them, or claim them as their own.
    Churches and leaders eagerly invade that territory with their feeble childish superstitions and won't hesitate to force if necessary, their personal agenda into areas where it just doesn't belong. Government institutions ,schools for instance, are one such place.

But you think the problem is with "anti god people" who deny others to have an ability to construct their preposterous obstacles in front of all that is held separate and valuable. You see a problem with those who frustrate God pushers from debasing the very best ideals society has already in place . You drive press and push God into society, then blame society for anything that goes wrong for the reason there is not enough God. Never dawning on you that religion could just as easily be another symptom of false values.

It's right, you don't get it. But it's good to know most people do.

#38     Mar 4, 2009
  9. jem

jem

So typical. STU rewriting american history.

God was taught in public schools. A profession of belief to hold public office was part of many state constitutions.

I have no ideas where you get the idea that God was not part of our government.

That did not happen to the supreme court became activist and started ripping it out systematically in the 50s.

Churches are not subverting, they are preserving.

Stu - I am just observing. I am driving or pushing not anything but fact on you. Your wonderful version secular society is falling apart.

#39     Mar 4, 2009
  10. jem

jem

another off point response.

what churches are you blaming zzz.

have you changed your argument to blaming white christians again. Your hatred bubbles to the surface again? You liberals and your tolerance.... you are just bigots foaming at the mouth. Why do you hate white christians so much zzz?

I blame liberals for the harm they do, but I do not hate them. In fact I support their rights to be foolish. You on the other hate white christians and demand they not vote.

What kind of animal are you?

#40     Mar 4, 2009