Is Obama Out Of Touch Or Just Making Things Up?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Feb 29, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

I don't think this is what happened.

President Obama said his formal apology to Afghan President Hamid Karzai for the burning of Korans by U.S. troops last week has "calmed things down" after the incident sparked an outbreak of violence across the country.

"We're not out of the woods yet," Obama said in an exclusive interview with ABC News' Bob Woodruff at the White House. "But my criteria in any decision I make, getting recommendations from folks who are actually on the ground, is what is going to best protect our folks and make sure that they can accomplish their mission."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/president-obama-apology-afghans-calmed-things/story?id=15819707

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Obviously Obama and his wife need to fly to Afghanistan and personal calm down the mobs. No doubt it would be a bit dangerous, but that's a risk I'm willing to take.

3. So his basic message is that they were justified to attack us and it is our responsibility to atone for the grievous insult?

I wonder how Teddy Roosevelt would have handled it?

Somehow I just don't see the ultraPC/griveance counselor/sensitivy training model Obama is so used to being very effective with savages who will kill you over a cup of tea. The only thing they understand or respect is a boot on the neck.

4. pspr

pspr

LOL Obama loves giving speeches in foreign countries. What a better place than Afghanistan? We need him to be a leader and get over there and lead the Afghani people to water.

Then, I'm for getting our troops out of that country now. Let's just call it quits. If we need something done over there, we can send in the drones.

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Or we could send in Obama wearing a suicide vest with about 40 lbs of C4.

6. In due time, even the people who ask that question will be gone also.

Do you think Obama even wonders himself what others who have gone before him would do? I doubt it.

7. pspr

pspr

Sure he does. He probably says to himself, 'what would Osama Bin Laden or Yasser Arafat have done in this situation'.

8. The most recent two deaths brings the total of Americans killed over this to six. Maybe Obama will "help" by apologizing again.

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

10. Max E.

Max E.

Is Obama Out Of Touch Or Just Making Things Up?

Both.....

#10     Mar 1, 2012