Is Obama a Muslim in the eyes of our enemy?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LodeRunner, Oct 16, 2008.

1. We agree 100 % on that. In fact, I questioned my own faith after Sept 11. and to be honest, even LOST it for a few months. I was so Angry and depressed at what happened. I saw people, just like the rest of you, videos of people jumping to their death for God's sake. Then I thought some more and READ some more and came back to my senses.

We are not spared either, we had a few terrorists attacks since when these so called "Muslims" called other Muslims because, well, they didn't subscribe to their hateful political speech.

Let me repeat myself once again. It's politics, not religion.

#31     Oct 18, 2008

2. I can't argue with any of that... In fact, you're 100% right!
    You don't have to convince <i>me</i> that individualism is always preferable over collectivst over-generalizations.

Your 0.001% figure is simply incorrect, but IMO all you're guilty of is a bit of wishful thinking on this particular issue (which isn't even necessarily a bad thing). You're probably <b>less</b> of any enemy to the old forgetten American ideals of "Liberty & Justice for all" then many of the politicians who currently rule us.

Talking about this is kind of pointless, because I don't even see you as an opponent to my values or beliefs.

#32     Oct 18, 2008
  3. Cutten

Cutten

Have you seen the population figures for jews in those countries since 1945? It doesn't exactly paint a picture of tolerance. How many jews live in Libya, for example?

#33     Oct 19, 2008
  4. jem

jem

any house in which killing is preached is dangerous.

If that preaching goes on in a house of worship or a school it is even more dangerous. If there are many houses or schools like that - there is problem. If those houses of worship or schools have a widespread influence - I think people should become aware of the potential for problems.

My question is - how big is the problem? Answer that question and and I will adjust my thoughts accordingly.

#34     Oct 19, 2008
  5. So how come all of you dont get rid of the "small minority " if you hate them as much as we do ?

#35     Oct 19, 2008

6. Cause it's a tough job. Why couldn't the US get Bin Laden despite being so powerful, prosperous and having all these ultra sophisticated Gizmos (Satellites, NSA, CIA, Special Forces.......)

Why can't Columbia get rid of the FARC ?
    Spain/ France Get rid of ETA ?
    So though for the Brit to get rid of IRA ?
    How comes the mightly US struggles so much in puny fucked-up pre-biblical Afghanistan ?

You don't get to push a button and it's over....its a tough long battle.

#36     Oct 19, 2008