Is Oanda just a bucket shop?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by robthequant, Nov 6, 2019.

1. gaussian

gaussian

Generally this is confirmation bias. Big players do move markets towards stops - that much is true. But what you're likely experiencing is just normal market volatility falling towards session highs and lows (where majority of stops will sit anyway - hunted or not).

I have had 100 dollars sitting in an Oanda account for like 7 years now. I don't trade with them, I did at one point when I was a fledgling speculator. I have never been charged an inactivity fee and I don't really care enough about the money to move it back.

They're an FCM through the CFTC. It is very, very, very unlikely they are a bucket.

#11     Nov 6, 2019
    VPhantom likes this.
  2. destriero

destriero

Oanda's ANC.

2019-11-06_14-50-26.png

#12     Nov 6, 2019
  3. Sig

Sig

The answer to any "Big company manipulated quotes to steal $50 from me" bullshit is that if they're doing this then you could open a second account and buy on the out of market-quotes and make a killing. If you don't at least try that, then you're either 1. Too stupid to realize this potential exists or 2. Realize that it's much more likely that you're simply fetching around for an excuse as to why you lost money when you're so brilliant so you complain until someone calls you on it.

#13     Nov 7, 2019
  4. I had like 700 bucks sitting in there for years, they charged me like 10 per month if my account has zero trades for a year, or something like that.

#14     Nov 7, 2019
    VPhantom likes this.
  5. IAlwaysWin

IAlwaysWin

atcbrokers.com/en-us/ NFA Registered ECN broker. It's going to cost you $3,000 to open an account but it's worth it.

#15     Nov 7, 2019
  6. IAlwaysWin

IAlwaysWin

I'm still trying to understand why you're letting the your fear level just hang in the balance for the banks to see. This is why I don't use stops in Forex trading.

#16     Nov 7, 2019
  7. That's almost exactly my case. Long term account (2008) with $100 in it. Suddenly I notice a $10 withdrawal last month so I put in a ticket because I thought someone stole it. Turned out it was an inactivity fee for 1 year of no trades. I'm in the process of trying to get them to give it back on principle. My main beef is they didn't send an email warning about inactivity.

BTW it was inactive because I've never been able to make any money trading Forex.

#17     Nov 9, 2019
    Opcodes likes this.
  8. I have been using Oanda platform for 1 years and it is consistently better than the rest of them.

#18     Jun 2, 2020