Is now the time.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by nl711, Dec 26, 2008.

1. you won't make any money jackass. just because you think aig won't fail doesn't mean their common stock will be worth a dime. did you ever think of that? the govt isn't letting GM fail maybe you should buy them as well.

#21     Dec 29, 2008
  2. Do you realise that its just one big position ! This is typical of retail investor behaivour, always nice to see

You would have been better off going to Vegas and getting yourself a couple of working ladies :D

:p :p :p

#22     Dec 29, 2008
  3. Imba

Imba

The market is sooooo low, that it will hit 300 (S&P) in 2009.

But anyway, if you think that there is a loot of dependance between "when the market start to rise" and "when should i start my intraday trading" - you are wrong.

"Where is the bottom" question really touches you _ONLY_ if you are a long term investor. On any other cases you must be absolutelly ignorant where the market goes and what does it do.

PS: Sorry for my quite poor English.

#23     Dec 29, 2008
  4. You're a moron.

Enjoy losing your money.

#24     Dec 29, 2008
  5. IluvVol

IluvVol

you just demonstrated you have ZERO knowledge of betting strategies nor poker let alone a complete lack of knowledge of financial markets. You know what? I love you for that, cause guys like you feed guys such as me who trade momentum on a diversified set of asset classes (although its pretty much impossible to come by anything lower correlated than 70% these days, forcing me to play reduced size in each separate asset class). Thanks buddy!!!
    ;-)

#25     Dec 29, 2008
  6. Handle123

Handle123

I looked at your choices, but I see all are in downtrend as I see this as huge risk. I don't want to be the first to the party but rather wait for over all trend of the market to be at least not to be steadily going down.

If I absolutely had to buy something XOM and GG come to mind as they are showing continue upmove, but it just too hard to fight the trend, and much easier to sell short almost anything that has a retracement in this downtrend.

If I am going to bottom fish based on govt interaction, it be under 50 cents, so when AIG and Ford gets there, I will buy some and dump half if it gets to a buck.

#26     Dec 29, 2008
  7. You are not ready. Until you have read and absorbed all you can on risk/capital management, market pyschology, and developed some sort of strategy to employ and have backtested it you are not ready.

However, we will gladly take your capital if you see otherwise.

#27     Dec 30, 2008