Is now the time.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by nl711, Dec 26, 2008.

1. nl711

nl711

I'm thinking champion and nothing less.

#11     Dec 28, 2008
  2. As long as you are aware that this market can fall another 50% and the odds description of that is "possibly" and not "unlikely" then this is as good a time as any to start looking. Two years from now might be safer though.

#12     Dec 28, 2008
  3. Perhaps try setting a realistic goal of a 50% return or doubling your capital?

Nobody takes these sorts of threads too seriously mate, in fact, you are the first candidate for my 2009 ignore list.

good luck!

#13     Dec 28, 2008
  4. Handle123

Handle123

I know very little about playing poker, what are my chances of succeeding against you and the ton of experience you have playing with 100k?

zero percent? I would not even attempt playing at your table with no experience.

So why do you think with extremely limited experience you will succeed?

Can you let us know which stocks you are considering? I am always searching for more stocks to short.

I do wish you well, but this market is not one to buy, selling short is best, one makes profits three times faster than going up. Markets drop faster cause of fear. Unemployment is going to go up up up, people stop buying anything extra, so even good companies will go down. If I had to buy anything, beer companies to drown out one's sorrows.

#14     Dec 28, 2008
  5. Doing what the OP intends is ineed very realistic and achievable - I know firsthand - but very unlikely in a first year trading (though I saw a kid do it in 07) and with his mentality he will most likely blow through all his trading capital.

He seems naive about what he's getting into and will pay to learn. Perhaps from there he will develop into a great trader... right now his mentality is flawed.

#15     Dec 28, 2008
  6. nl711

nl711

Thanks to all the well wishers I appreciate that.
    Before I found this site I invested in a few stocks to start off. some good some bad but here it is.
    Stocks I own:
    Name Shares Price Bought/W commis
    AAPL 12 88.25
    AIG 1000 2.12
    C 305 6.59
    GS 15 52.84
    JPM 50 20.85
    MS 83 9.22
    F 376 2.18

So some good some bad. two companies im looking at now are NCR and GPN. As for Jan and Feb I'm looking towards oil. Companies like XOM BP Shell and etc.
    Stupid AIG will go up maybe in the next 3 years so my plan B on it is to hold it until they pay off the govt and then sell it when it goes way up. Ford I'm selling if it goes to 3 or 3.50.
    ms and gs i'm selling soon to take some profits and reinvest.
    Any suggestions?
    My core plan this first year is to buy a company and then sell it when it is up 30%
    The only reason I'm holding off on JPM is because their earnings report comes out in Jan and depending on the news I will sell or wait to sell.
    I will screen shot my acct tonight to show the progress

#16     Dec 29, 2008
  7. i'll bite...is there any good reason why you believe aig can pay off their loans when their assets are selling for far less then they expected to sell them for? why should they just go up? why can't they go to zero?

also have you looked at fnm and fre? they seem like great investments for you as well.

#17     Dec 29, 2008
  8. nl711

nl711

Almost everywhere in the world I have been to there has been a huge AIG building. The govt wont let them fail. AIG is international that is why I believe it will eventually go up. It may take a few years but it will. What about my other choices and future choices. So far AIG has been my worst choice. I still have 3000 more to invest. Thanks for biting though.

#18     Dec 29, 2008
  9. LOL!

You're better off investing in CDs at your local bank.

#19     Dec 29, 2008
  10. nl711

nl711

CD's don't make that much jackass. I want to make some money legitimately.

#20     Dec 29, 2008