is now the best time to go short?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bluematrix, May 10, 2013.

1. Whether it`s the best time to go short/long you decide at the opening of the RTH only or after awhile,or your screwed.

#41     May 11, 2013
  2. i been around market similar time frame. i never saw pure bad economics and no growth in sales from businesses move a market 300 s&p points in 6 months. you have fed printing money in fear and wall street seeing nothing but businesses sales growth and economic sunshine.

#42     May 11, 2013
  3. Is this necessary that market will fell. I mean if it is in strong uptrend then more buyer will join the trend. Or the things work like profit taking push the market down. I am still a fresh trader trying to understand things.

#43     May 12, 2013
  4. #45     May 12, 2013
  5. So guys, The Market exploded to the upside today. I'm a little surprised at how it refuses to go down, but my Macd indicator gave a good hint, though hard to believe :eek:

CB's all over the world are beginning to mimic The Bernanke. Free money for dip buyerz?

:confused:

#46     May 14, 2013
  6. Paul500

Paul500

You sound too cocky for a trader

#47     May 14, 2013
  7. I'm not sure if this is genuine or another sarcastic msg. Eitherway, I now think the market will correct 87 crash-style as oppose to a gradual down-trend switch. I think if you're at all going to make money being short here is to be prepared to hold a significant loss. I think the only way out of it given the liquidty is a mini-crash. I actually wouldn't be surprised if fed pulls out QE outright (no tapering). I think we'll see a 10-20% crash over a period of a day or two and then the market will enter a proper long-term growth that will last 10-20 years. This current rally at this pace is not sustainable. NQ is trading like 1999. wouldn't be surprised if it hits 4k in 2-3 weeks. We can definitely see more pops. but when it crashes, everyone will say I knew it was going to happen. That's what I think will happen anyway. I could be wrong.

#48     May 14, 2013
  8. I've seen the light, and it is the MACD indicator, especially when you have higher highs & lows and fast moving averages above slow moving averages. Then you can throw down some trend lines for decoration.

All these TA tactics are saying one thing: The Trend is up.

#49     May 14, 2013
  9. Are there any technical reasons to suggest that we should be shorting the market now? It seems to me like we are in bubble mode now which can feed itself for quite awhile. This bull market has been going for quite a long time, but I see no technical reason for it to end right now. In fact, we seem to be looking at a strong upward trend.

#50     May 15, 2013