Is Ninjatrader website down?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Big Game Hunter, Mar 3, 2010.

1. I cant seem to get the Ninjatrader website to come up anymore. Can anyone confirm if theres any problem?

2. Works fine for me (03/03/10 - 10:27am CST). Chicago suburbs. Comcast.

3. works from miami via XO

4. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

Were you able to get access? If not, please PM me and let me know where you are physically located and what ISP you are using. I will have my IT Manager look into this.

5. How reliable is NT for auto trading real time..

thank you

NiN

6. heech

heech

Hi there,

By the way, I'd point out NinjaTrader has its own set of forums which are extremely active... and as far as I know, very open for both positive and negative comments (within reason, I'm sure). You should be able to get great feedback there.

Just by way of background, I have a bit of experience for NT auto-trading. I've used NT autotrading for about 18 months, and with numerous different broker adapters. TD-Ameritrade, IB, Patsystems, and now ZF/Rithmic. I haven't really used NT7 to date however, so this is all based on NT6.

There were some subtle bugs or inconsistencies in behavior across many of the broker adapters. I don't even remember all of the details now, and probably most have been fixed. I do remember that with IB, there was a well-known issue that order execution/"order complete" events not coming back correctly in all cases.

Even today, there are a few features that I don't touch, or doesn't work correctly. I don't use the built-in stop/target functions. I still see occasional race conditions when I place orders almost simultaneously, where the order quantity of one order or another is incorrect. There are also occasional issues where an exit order is ignored because the system can't find the matching "entry order". (By the way: NT7 allows us to get around this last issue by taking the training wheels off of the order handling.)

But all in all, it's clearly a net positive. I'm confident enough in the platform to use it, which speaks for itself. I've been using it for auto-trading nonstop 6 days a week, 23 hours a day for about 10 months. My code places about 50-75 trades a day... or thousands of trades a month, tens of thousands over the course of the past year.

When problems arise (maybe 1 out of every 200 orders placed), the event handling model is accurate enough for me to be aware of it, and I can fix by hand.

7. Thank you for your reply...it was a great help...i will make an effort and look at their blogs.

NiN