Is Ninja/Zen good enough to win in Futures?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by solasc, Jul 27, 2008.

1. solasc

solasc

Hello-
    I am in the process of setting up my trading system for Futures. I am little reluctant to proceed with Trade Station because of the data & execution problems I've been reading about with them. I am thinking of using Ninja/Zen and either Mirus or Velocity Futures as the broker.

I'd like to know your experience with the speed of getting data and placing orders with such a Ninja based system - since most of the work in Ninja (especially for advanced orders) is done client side and not Server side.

Do you find you miss opportunities, get bad fills or does it seem to be fast enough to allow you to be competitive.

Thanks
    Khepfere

2. solasc

solasc

Or should I just go with OpenECry

3. Unfortunately, none of these platforms are flawless, especially when you're in an automated strategy order and your Internet connection goes down forcing you to make a phone call to the desk and get flat because Ninja doesn't send the order to the Exchange.

4. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

This is incorrect. All orders submitted through NinjaTrader are sent to the exchange and in the case where an exchange does not support any order type, they are held on the brokers server.

5. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

AMP Trading is the premier Ninja Trader brokerage firm. We are pleased to offer the Ninja Trader platform powered by Zen-Fire, Trading Technologies and Ninja FX. Our support team is fully Ninja trained and eager to support you reach your trading goals. Call us today toll free 800-560-1640 / Int’l 001* 312-893-6400 and ask for “Mirek” for your “EliteTrader Special Rate” or register at http://www.ampfutures.com/EliteTrader.html

6. Try Strategy Runner--
    It is the ONLY platform that is server based (synthetic orders and strategies are running on the server located at brokers facility or CTS and CQG's data centers)

7. That guy wasn't kidding. you are like a big annoying SPAM tape recorder.

Why don't you say something useful, instead of farting all the time?

8. He is a paid sponsor and can do what he pleases. If you don't like it, too fcukin bad.

At least he's selling something that has value and is reputable, unlike YOU who had the balls to try to sell your snake oil system for a $250,000. :eek:

9. I use Mirus and Ninja and love them. Been using them for about 8 months. Only had bad experience when something happened with the Mirus servers or some server other than Ninja that prevented trading for a couple hours one morning.

I've never tried any other platform cause Ninja had everything I need so I can't tell you how it compares with others. I'm really happy with them though.

10. wenzi

wenzi

In this thread, he did say something useful. Maybe not as useful as you would have liked, but it was not off topic.

Like it or not, their sponsorship pays the bills for the servers.

#10     Jul 31, 2008