Is Newt A Viable Candidate?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Nov 15, 2011.

1. jem

jem

finally... a very intelligent point about spending and the economy... made on another thread about europe..

GDP is the wrong measure...

#131     Nov 18, 2011
  2. piezoe

piezoe

Jem, I never thought I'd say this about you, but I am impressed. You've come a long way buddy.

#132     Nov 18, 2011
  3. This is so right. I am old enough that I can remember when government work paid less than the private sector. Government workers at every level used to understand that they were spending the public's money and therefore had an obligation to be frugal.

Now they have a breathtaking sense of entitlement. Every government bubildign has to lok like something GS would build. They have to have ridiculous offsite conferences at huge expense, and for what? To discuss the best way to shuffle paper, harrass private businesses or file discrimination complaints?

We have a long way to go before I even want to hear talk of raising taxes. Perry's problem was not forgetting the thrid department he would eliminate. It was only having three to remember. You could cut Education, Labor, HUD, Commerce, Energy and Homeland Security, just to start, and most people wouldn't notice the difference.

#133     Nov 18, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Absolutely GD right!

#134     Nov 18, 2011
  5. maxpi

maxpi

I do not trust that f$%king Newt Gingrich... He was a big name in the "Republican Revolution" of the 90's. They used the "Family Values" [it's about the children of course] slogan to change the tax regulations such that 40+ million households paid no income tax at all and many received rebates.. All those people that don't have to pay for the government certainly have no incentive to limit government, now do they?

#135     Nov 18, 2011
  6. jem

jem

I know that my principal is my pal not principle.

#136     Nov 18, 2011
  7. piezoe

piezoe

So, just how much more tax should a person earning say 14,000 a year pay. They already pay a higher percent of their income in taxes than say someone making a few million in unearned income, so just how much more tax would you like them to pay? Or should they solve their high tax problem by going out and getting a job that pays a couple million, like the rest of us?

By the way there is a error in your last sentence. Everyone pays for government. No one is exempt from that (with the possible exception of the incarcerated who never purchase anything at the prison commissary). Have you ever heard of inflation?

I think I've just hit on a fool proof way of legally avoiding taxes. Get yourself incarcerated! :D

#137     Nov 19, 2011