Is new school lunch guidelines an example of govt gone wild?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Brass

Brass

Are you starting another thread here?

#21     Sep 18, 2012
  2. You didn't find much junk food and crap served in the Military either. Probably a good thing overall. Now, it was pretty crappy food in many cases, but supposedly health(ier) back in the day.

Now days I think they have more Fast Food places on bases. Would like to hear from someone on Active duty now recently.

#22     Sep 18, 2012
  3. sorry don't mean to get off topic. :cool:

#23     Sep 18, 2012
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

So you're for things like the law in NYC where sugar soft drinks above 16 oz were made illegal?

#24     Sep 18, 2012
  5. Crispy

Crispy

Funny thing about a nation of 330million people is the diversity. My neighborhood doesnt have fat kids. They all ride bikes and play multiple sports. But up there in Canada you can see that "nobody is taking initiative to address the problem" when people I know dont have any problems with obesity at all.

Perhaps the problem is people from really far away...like Washington DC see some trend and assume that trend applies to everybody and attempt to apply a broad brush stroke band-aid that may or may not work. Instead of applying direct pressure to the wounded areas....like addressing the amount of corn syrup(due to massive govt intervention and lobbying) in all the processed foods that the poor eat because thats all they can afford. Or the fact that physical education in schools has been offed in most places(due to the pussyfication of our kids because sometimes sports are not "fair"). The list is endless really that has brought us to this lowly state as a nation. And much of it is actually caused by the government itself. Yet we are to believe that the govt has the solutions...

If you actually believe that a government agency dictating food guidelines will work in lowering obesity, then why are we fat in the first place when they have been putting out guidelines since, what the 1950`s?

#25     Sep 18, 2012
  6. wildchild

wildchild

Michelle Obama is married to a SMOKER. As such she is not qualified to lecture others on health issues.

Clean up your own backyard first, Michelle.

#26     Sep 18, 2012
  7. Brass

Brass

Doesn't bother me.

#27     Sep 18, 2012
  8. Brass

Brass

So in a nutshell, you don't want your local schools serving healthier meals. You want it to be decided by the school's accountants rather than by nutritionists. Got it.

#28     Sep 18, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

But then why would it, you live in Canada.

#29     Sep 18, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

She's also a lard ass herself.

#30     Sep 18, 2012