Is new school lunch guidelines an example of govt gone wild?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Sep 18, 2012.

1. In high school I weighed 128 pounds. I probably ate 2500-3000 calories per day, but I excercised, ran around, rode my skateboard and all that. Obesity comes not from eating too many calories, but by not burning the calories you take in. Supersizing is fine, but you better go outside and play and run around, play tag, ride your bike for 3 or 4 hours per day. dont sit at home and watch TV or play x-box all day.

#11     Sep 18, 2012
  2. If we went back to having an actual gym class, and recess for younger kids, much of the obesity problem could be solved. Not all, and serving better food that may be paid for by taxpayers makes some sense. Much like not allowing food stamps to be used to buy alcohol.

#12     Sep 18, 2012
  3. Liberals sued to have recess banned in many schools. Horrible things were happening, like-

1) Kids picking other kids to be on their team (libs felt the fat slow kids were being singled out for being fat and slow)

2) Teams were picked and one team WON the game (Libs thought everyone should be winners)

3) Worst of all, some kids fell down and got boo-boo's (libs were horrified that their children were getting bumps and bruises playing combative savage sports like kickball)

FUCK YOU PUSSY LIBERAL CUNTS.

#13     Sep 18, 2012
  4. + 1 more egregiously you libs have decided to attempt this no loser bullshit in the real world. "economic justice" my ass.

#14     Sep 18, 2012
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/puM1eT15NYw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#15     Sep 18, 2012
  6. Sports should be played with winners and losers.
    Schools should have recess, perhaps two in some cases.
    Schools should have nurses if kids fall and get hurt.

Some of that would help the fat kids get in better shape and get picked for the teams. Seems simple enough. Not always black and white IMO.

#16     Sep 18, 2012
  7. Brass

Brass

And all this because someone has enough sense to want more nutritious meals served in schools, and endeavors to do something about it. Oh, the outrage! Quick, someone grab a flag.

#17     Sep 18, 2012
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

It's not the outrage against wanting more nutritious foods. It's, once again, some government official dictating what is to be allowed to everyone else that is the problem.

#18     Sep 18, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

Not exactly. The problem is that no one else is taking any initiative to address the problem. Meanwhile, the problem is getting worse.

http://www.letsmove.gov/

It's a good idea. And it's good that someone finally gives enough of a damn to do something about it. Sure as hell talk alone hasn't changed anything.

#19     Sep 18, 2012
  10. Also, many kid have a diagnosis to get ssi and/or extra aid for school for special ed funds. If kids take meds, some meds affect matabolism and the kids become fat by default.

#20     Sep 18, 2012