Is my money safe at Interactive Brokers ?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Instant Karma, Oct 4, 2008.

1. I thought the same until one of their phone brokers made a mistake on my trade that cost me over 200 pips. They've pretty much admitted fault but 2 weeks later it still hasn't been resolved, I just keep getting thanked for my "patience". Any broker that can't rectify an obvious error in this time is suspicious in my book.

#61     Oct 10, 2008
  2. Oh really? Experienced traders spend time dealing with poorly trained customer service representatives and minimal discount services? Experienced traders spend time with bad executions?Name one professional trader, fund, entity, etc. that utilizes IB as their platform?

There are many other brokers out there that offer vastly superior services. Even a few services where some of the reps actually know a little bit about technical analysis and you can talk with them on a professional level.

Catering to me means just that. You have to cater to me. You have to be on the same level as me.

The IB customer service reps seem like a bunch of college kids wearing shorts fooling around on the phones in some dingy part of Queens that time has forgotten.

#62     Oct 11, 2008
  3. Whimsy

Whimsy Guest

Care to list a few with commission info rather than running your mouth without benefit to others?

#63     Oct 11, 2008
  4. Port, is this the level you were talking about?

[​IMG]

#64     Oct 11, 2008