is my demo'ing realistic?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Mirzy, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Mirzy

Mirzy

yea I'm live testing, don't know how to backtest on ninja yet. I consider commissions and everything, only thing I gotta consider is the psychology when losing but I haven't been so losing so far lol I guess the demo is as realistic as it can be without taking into consideration psychology. Thanks for all the replies.

#21     Nov 24, 2011
  2. ammo

ammo

5% is the mechanics of the mrkt, the other 95% is in your head,so if you found an edge that is profitable, trade it when it comes up, and when it wins/ loses write down why, once the facts are as black and white as they are going to get, and it's profitable, you can go live, now when you lose, remember the black and white, don't beat yourself up(i am such a fool,what a n ass hole,i can't believe a gave back my whole week in one trade) don't make excuses (they are hunting my stops,the fed's fault,'the euro,shouldn't have taken the dog out) don't get excited ( at this rate i will be a millionare by june,i am a genius,no one can do what i do) just try to make your emotions white ,vanilla ,flavorless, dead, when you are trading, turn them off, that's the 95% that's in your head that you will have to deal with live,, a comedian said sex was overated, when was the last time you made it thru a day without a rationalization...that is what your head tries to do all day...try to find a way to shut it off. easy to do when sim trading ,try to sim trade where that money actually means something to you or try to trade live as you did in sim where the money means nothing, in reality your just playing a game and you like winning, money, roof over your head, food on the table,health are just things you need to keep playing

#22     Nov 24, 2011