Is mike vick worth it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jimbo555, Aug 30, 2011.

1. BSAM

BSAM

If you would have changed "it" to "shit" in your thread title, you'd probably have produced a lot better thread.:p

#21     Aug 31, 2011
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Let's say the Eagles make it to the Super Bowl in the next 3 years. Then yes, most Eagles fans would say, it was worth it.

The point is that we can only answer this question in the future. Time will tell...

#22     Aug 31, 2011
  3. wildchild

wildchild

Whats your hang up with Aaron Rodgers? The OP didnt even bring up Aaron Rodgers so I dont why you keep bringing him up.

The bottomline is Vick came in a close 2nd for league MVP last year. The only reason he didnt win is because Brady had an absolutely sick year. Vick brings in big money for the NFL because he is a flat out exciting player. Since he was second behind Brady I guess most think he is a more valuable player.

Vick got what the market called for and considering the money he brings in for the league, its a bargain.

#23     Aug 31, 2011
  4. bone

bone

The OP had a simple premise: define Vick's relative worth. In order to define value, we have to compare performance versus the capital outlay.

The simple fact of the matter is that Rodgers has guaranteed money about half of what Vick's guaranteed money is, and yet Rodger's 2010 regular season, post season, and lifetime quarterback rating stats are all far superior to Vick's.

QB Ratings: Rodgers, 2010 Regular Season: 101.2, 2010 Post Season: 109.8, Lifetime Career: 98.4; contract guaranteed money: $20M Super Bowl Winner

Vick, 2010 Regular Season: 100,2, 2010 Post Season: 79.9, Lifetime Career: 80.2; guaranteed money: $40M

And Pekelo is spot on: Vick will only be "worth it" if he wins a Super Bowl; otherwise, Eagles Management WILDLY overpaid.

#24     Aug 31, 2011
  5. bone

bone

ESPN.com's Quarterback Power Rankings

1. Tom Brady, Patriots

2. Peyton Manning, Colts

3. Drew Brees, Saints

4. Aaron Rodgers, Packers

5. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers

6. Philip Rivers, Chargers

7 (tie). Michael Vick, Eagles

7 (tie). Matt Ryan, Falcons

9. Eli Manning, Giants

10. (tie) Joe Flacco, Ravens

10. (tie) Tony Romo, Cowboys

#25     Aug 31, 2011
  6. Max E.

Max E.

Im not disagreeing with you that i would rather have Rodgers on my team but one thing with Vick that doesnt ever get counted in passer rating is the fact that he is also good for 1000+ yards rushing, and atleast 10 rushing TD's, and that doesnt get factored into passer rating. Rodgers is mobile too, but not nearly as mobile as Vick. So while i would still rather have Rodgers, you cant really compare the 2 on passer rating alone.

#26     Aug 31, 2011
  7. Max E.

Max E.

If that is their rating in terms of fantasy points, they are way off.

Vick could easily throw for 4000 yards, rush for 1000 yards, and have 30 td's passing and 10 td's rushing. Compare those numbers to anyone up there and vick is easily a top three fantasy back, if he stays healthy.

#27     Aug 31, 2011
  8. bone

bone

Is it possible that I have a man crush on Aaron Rodgers, and Wild Child has a man crush on Michael Vick ?

BTW, they are both equally worthless lying on their backs courtesy of shitty offensive line blocking. And your comment regarding Vick's rushing capabilities and elusive scrambling are indeed spot on and are in fact a big plus in his favor.

#28     Aug 31, 2011
  9. Max E.

Max E.

Yeah one thing no one is talking about with the eagles is that their O-Line got decimated this year. They picked up players in every other part of the team, but they got no o-line left, time will tell if vick can still pull it off with a dogshit line.

#29     Aug 31, 2011
  10. wildchild

wildchild

Lets face it, if Kevin Kolb started all 16 games for the Eagles last year, they go 6-10. Vick could go onto the worst team in the NFL and make them an instant playoff contender. There are a lot of teams that would make the same offer to Vick if they had the chance. The same can't be said of Rodgers. The Packers barely made it into the playoffs last year and they had a much more talented team than Philly, so that doesnt bode well for Rodgers.

Trent Dilfer won a superbowl and so did Eli Manning. Its amazing what a little defense does for you.

#30     Aug 31, 2011