Is mike vick worth it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jimbo555, Aug 30, 2011.

1. wildchild

wildchild

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RzyO_JQ51yM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Vick is the man. The score against Washington was 35-0 with 14:51 still left in the 2nd Quarter. Awesome.

#11     Aug 30, 2011
  2. bone

bone

NFL DEAL OF THE 21ST CENTURY:

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- The Green Bay Packers signed first-year starting quarterback Aaron Rodgers to a contract extension through the 2014 season on Friday.

The deal will pay Rodgers more than $11 million a year and will include $20 million in guarantees, a source told ESPN.com's John Clayton.

#12     Aug 30, 2011
  3. wildchild

wildchild

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ddTacY83qBk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Most exciting and amazing game of the 2010 season.

#13     Aug 30, 2011
  4. bone

bone

You should be showing video highlights of the Packers versus Eagles playoff game, which answers the question from the OP: Aaron Rodgers has a contract through 2014 with HALF the guaranteed money as Vick.

#14     Aug 30, 2011
  5. wildchild

wildchild

Its not Vicks problem that Rodgers has a bad agent. Kevin Kolb got $21 in guaranteed money from Arizona and Vick is clearly better than Kolb, who has only started a handful of games in his career. If Rodgers' agent could only secure Kevin Kolb money for Rodgers then shame on him. It really has nothing to do Vick.

#15     Aug 30, 2011
  6. bone

bone

Well, you are completely avoiding the OP and the thread's question - is Vick worth it ? Compare records and QB ratings and SuperBowl wins.

#16     Aug 30, 2011
  7. oddsman

oddsman

Yes he deserves it. Most NFL players deserve it. Once the agents and lawyers take their cut and once the government chops that pile of money in half, he may have 15-20 million of guaranteed money left, and that's all he'll see of that $100 million before an NFL defense breaks his legs again or rearranges his rib cage again and closes his window as a professional athlete. From what I hear he still owes millions, so if he wants to keep a small percentage of his current lifestyle later in life, he better start signing endorsement contracts along with his NFL contract and find a decent financial adviser, or he'll be bankrupt again in his 40's.

#17     Aug 31, 2011
  8. thy deserve it because of taxes and expenses?? that's essentially your pathetic argument. i got taxes too, don't i deserve 100X more than i'm worth?

#18     Aug 31, 2011
  9. thy deserve it because of taxes and expenses?? that's essentially your pathetic argument. i got taxes too, i take risk don't i deserve 100X more than i'm worth?

#19     Aug 31, 2011
  10. bone

bone

Like WildChild, you are avoiding the OP's original question regarding is he worth it ? Being worth something, and deserving something, are actually two completely seperate issues.

Is Michael Vick worth so much more than Aaron Rodgers when the hard performance metrics do not even remotely match the incremental hard dollar difference ?

#20     Aug 31, 2011