Is micro scalping dead?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by FarkCop, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Very good post.

The game has definitely changed in 2009.

The flashing orders rarely trigger bots to fill anything anymore. What will those poor Swifties do?

#11     Oct 8, 2009
  2. FarkCop

FarkCop

MohdSalleh,

Thank you for your great post. I do notice the liquidity has gone. I don¡¦t scalp for a certain stock for quite a long time, simply flipping and search for opportunity then hit and go. Probably its time to give up the strategy.

#12     Oct 9, 2009
  3. sweety

sweety

<a href='http://www.google.com'>Click Here to Know More</a>

#13     Oct 9, 2009
  4. FarkCop

FarkCop

NYOBScalper,

I am no longer a Swifties but do trade in their methods, and you are damn correct, what should we do? (Laugh with bitter)

Thanks for your comment that give me a little bit confidence which indicate it is not my skill problem but the market is changing.

#14     Oct 9, 2009
  5. For those who trade in pennies, do you mind saying if you use market or limit orders? When I worked at Titletrading, I used market orders on SSO using BATS. I only paid one penny spreads (most of the time, but that was months ago lol). Do you try to buy on the bid and sell at the ask?

#15     Oct 9, 2009
  6. FarkCop

FarkCop

Well, for me I use both. Depend on situation.

And yes I do try to buy on bid and sell at ask.

#16     Oct 9, 2009
  7. glad u finally figured out the bots have torn you a new one.

they see the flow b 4 u , and they take the stock b 4 u know what hit ya.

sux dont it

i been telling you this was happening for years.

#17     Oct 9, 2009
  8. Hang tough. Live cheap. The market is cyclical. Liquidity will come back and by that point most the daytraders will have blown out; those who survive will get a chance to kill it.

#18     Oct 9, 2009

9. this guys a fukkin genius

#19     Feb 24, 2011
  10. The most stupid thing i have read here in ET

#20     Mar 3, 2011