Is MB Trading a Decent Broker?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by KrispyKreme50, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Does MB Trading give you forex charts? I've been looking around their MBT Navigator platform but haven't been able to find it.

#11     Nov 2, 2008
  2. I use MB. I have very positive experiences with them, their staff handles issue very professionally and friendly. I particularly like the fact that if u have an issue you can acutally load an applet in your trading navigator and to to the mb traders and tech support.

Their spreads are very competitive and you get constant spreads no huge spreads and then narrow spreads.......also when you add in the comission it usually comes up to what you get at pther brokers, although it is not the cheapest, e.g gbp is 2pip spread + 1.9pip in commison, that is 3.9. That is very expensive. The rollover rates are a total ripoff.

The platform is very stable, no issues there fills and stops are very very excellent. All in all, they are expensive but i cant see oanda rivalling their sevice. At the end you will have to decide what is important to you.

#12     Nov 2, 2008
  3. Not since MB acquired EFX, I have never used their charts even when I was a EFX client.

Which comes to mind, if you need sophisticated charts, then you are likely to spend more on charting too !! Adds up to your cost in business.

Try Ninja trader.

#13     Nov 3, 2008
  4. Well right now at 0255 hrs EST, EU spreads at Oanda are 3 and MBT is mostly 1 to 2.

#14     Nov 3, 2008
  5. yes, but MB charge you commision as well, which would make it roughly equal out, but if you are rolling over, the swap rates screw you. I really have an issue with their swap rates. I am an Mb client because of the overall service i get compared to what i would get other places but they are expensive.

My swap costs so far for the year has come up to about -8%. That is a lot even though i use 100:1 leverage. I can halve that at Oanda, but i have to ask myself how much will i loose everytime the oanda platform crashes, or i cannot get in to close out my trades, or when spreads on euro jump to 10pips and i am forced to enter/exit my trade at that spread, it all adds up.

I am actually looking into Barclays platform for 2009 but still researching based on my needs. For those who don't hold overnight positions MB trading would be perfect especially for the smaller guy.

#15     Nov 3, 2008
  6. fxgator

fxgator

MB is great plus you can get 24% rebate per lot traded when you register with Cashbackforex - www.cashbackforex.com

#16     Nov 21, 2008