Is Marketsurfer a Moron?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Thunderdog, Jun 16, 2006.

Is Marketsurfer a Moron?

1. Yes

108 vote(s)
    79.4%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    20.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave, it took you this long to register another alias to pimp yourself in this thread?

Too funny....

Profile For hyanisbloomberg Search for all posts by this user.
    Date Registered: 06-16-06
    Total Posts: 1 (1 posts per day)
    Last Post: 06-16-06 11:57 AM

#21     Jun 16, 2006
  2. I guess that some of marketsurfer's aliases are beginning to kick in. Surfer may well have a squadron on his hands by the time we're through. And I imagine that only those aliases not yet outed will chime in with flattering remarks. I suspect that most of those will only have a handful of total posts to their name. Admittedly, however, I am biased, and that is not helpful when seeking the truth.

Perhaps to counteract any unfounded and lingering suspicions, the people who voted favorably for marketsurfer could provide a show of hands, so to speak, by writing a one sentence post declaring their support. No explanation is required. In this way, we could easily determine if surfer is merely using his numerous and varied aliases to fudge the numbers. Marketsurfer considers himself a "man of science." No doubt, he would approve of such rigorous testing if he had no hand in the results. Do it for surfer and show your support.

#22     Jun 16, 2006
  3. Based on some of the trades that MS posted, reasoning behind the trades and routine averaging into losing position, I sincerely doubt that MS is anything more than papertrader.( nothing wrong with papertrading btw ) I do not read his posts anymore because of that.

#23     Jun 16, 2006
  4. #24     Jun 16, 2006
  5. Oh, how you love to flatter yourself. Don't you think that if I were going to envy someone that I would be a tad more discerning? May I suggest some reference material for you as well? I think the author wrote this book with you in mind:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/06...103-2824632-1867848?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

Meanwhile, the poll results tell their own tale. You will note that, thus far, only one of your supporters has actually come out and identified himself, and he admitted that he does not even know who you are. None of your other supporters who bothered to vote in your favor took an additional moment to identify themselves so that we could lay to rest the inevitable suspicions that your supporters largely consist of your own aliases. Let's hope that "they" get busy.

#25     Jun 16, 2006
  6. traderob

traderob

Marketsurfer, one of the best thinkers on ET.

#26     Jun 16, 2006
  7. slacker

slacker

Not a great endorsment of ET...

Interesting, roberk, if you think he is one of the better 'thinkers on ET' how would you rate his trading ability?

Thank you

#27     Jun 16, 2006
  8. I like Marketsurfer's posts because he creates controversy and encourages others to question everything he says and thus a heated discussion ensues. I must admit, I usually pick up something useful from the discussions, whether it be about trading or people's psychology/characters/biases. I thus voted "no".
    Daddy's boy

#28     Jun 16, 2006
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Beetlebrow is so much the greater moron than Marketsurfer. Sorry.

#29     Jun 17, 2006
  10. I've known the guy since the Clearstation days (hope I'm referring to the same person here), and he's always been on top of his game. Don't understand what the fuss is all about and the bashing going on here?

Each is accountable for their own trading results as far as I'm concerned. Now whether a person is full of it or not shouldn't come into play. This isn't a trading club or corporation where collective performance is rewarded - it's an individual sport. May the cooler heads prevail.

Btw - I didn't vote either way: no interest.

Cariocas

#30     Jun 17, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.