Is Market timing essential and possible for succesful trading?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Trading Education Buyer, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Market timing is the strategy of making buy or sell decisions of financial assets by attempting to predict future market price movements. The prediction may be based on an outlook of market or economic conditions resulting from technical or fundamental analysis. As per my knowledge timing is the most important factor for successful trading. Market is perform with the time such as products up and downs.

#71     Sep 10, 2018
  2. Financial advisors and brokers favorite cliche - "can't time the market". Why you may ask. They want you to buy or sell at the moment to churn your account. Their compensation is commision based.

#72     Sep 10, 2018
  3. Handle123

Handle123

My first 32 years trading stocks I would have said yes of market timing, but next 8 years thereafter, doesn't matter when I buy stocks as now I hedge every trade. But better to get in cheap and knowing to left of now shows no topping patterns, probabilities are higher to be profitable. I use a term called "rental", it means lost opportunity being in a trade going nowhere cause I bought wrong, when I should have waited for deeper retracement or different symbol.

#73     Sep 10, 2018