Is Market timing essential and possible for succesful trading?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Trading Education Buyer, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Disciplined and focussed to follow an edge.

Your edge works in the stockmarket indices .It has worked for years ,that is buying stockmarkets after every fall and managing risk .

technical analysis dax signal

#31     Nov 18, 2016
  2. EDGE.jpg

#32     Nov 18, 2016
  3. what does your paper trade have too do about timing

#33     Nov 18, 2016
  4. Need to have a game plan (like the paper trades) , to sit and wait patiently for the stock indices to fall and get to a support .It is hard to sit and do nothing so , do your trades and get some hobbies gym or play golf.

For a trader to be successful long-term, they must trade for a long time. That statement might seem like “theatre of the obvious”, but the best way to last for a long time as a trader is to avoid the excessive danger that comes with massive boosts in your adrenaline. The emotional ups and downs that the gambling-style trader experiences, only fosters negative trading habits. Irrational behavior such as “I need to get my money back from the market”, ( as if the market bogeyman took money from the traders account rather than the trader losing it to another faceless, but complicity market participant) starts to permeate the trader’s their behavior, their mind and subsequently their behavior. When that happens, both trading losses and trading wins become bad. The losses being bad is obvious, but gains made on bad behavior may actually be worse, because it encourages the behavior that leads you account to eventual ruin.

#34     Nov 18, 2016
  5. My setup is fairly strict, no setup no trade. Patience is a virtue . I'm writing a book and work on my sailboat

#35     Nov 18, 2016
  6. Good mindset might help trader to keep good attitude and making profit
    But don't angry if what happened opposite from expectation :)

#36     Nov 18, 2016

7. You like the other traders screwing you and enjoy market taking your money. keep calm

#37     Nov 18, 2016
    MattGG likes this.
  8. technical analysis dax signal

I have put on this trade , bought cash future and sold a call .I can not time thismarket , because price can go 100 to 200 ticks against me.

I have 190 ticks cushion from the entry price , against a loss .I am reducing my reward , but also my risk .

My next addition to this trade may be lower.

#38     Nov 19, 2016
  9. Because as human not always true, risk in many kinds investment hidden inside
    investor need take these risk if want to gain, maybe

#39     Nov 19, 2016
  10. alfa8

alfa8

if you dont time the market then buy and hold forever

#40     Nov 19, 2016
    MattGG likes this.