Is making a $100,000 a month prop/retail trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by sbn, Jan 4, 2006.

1. DO YOU THINK THERE IS MORE POTENTIAL FOR PROFIT IN DAY TRADING NASDAQ STOCKS THEN NYSE BECAUSE THERES MORE volatility IN NASDAQ IM A PROFITABLE NEW YORK TRADER BUT I JUST SEE SO MANY MORE BIGGER MOVES IN NASDAQ SHOULD I SWITCH OVER ?

#51     Jan 4, 2006
  2. continue doing whats working.

#52     Jan 4, 2006
  3. WELL I JUST THINK MY STYLE OF TRADING WHICH IS SCALPING THERE IS LESS MOVEMENT IN NEW YORK IM ALWAYS GRINDING FOR pennies WHEN I SEE THESE NASDAQ SCALPERS CATCHING MUCH BIGGER MOVES I JUST THINK THERE MORE opportunity IN NASDAQ THEN NEW YORK FOR SCALPING

#53     Jan 4, 2006
  4. there might be, but sometimes the learning curve is expensive. if you have an edge thats working you already have more than most.

#54     Jan 4, 2006
  5. do you think the learning curve will be not be as long since im already in the markets and not a newbie or may that work against me having my own ideas

#55     Jan 4, 2006
  6. it should be easier but i have been around elite a long time. it seems to swing back and forth. people hate nyse then they hate the naz. it always looks greener on the other side of the road. read this thread. some people are putting up big numbers trading nyse.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50472

#56     Jan 4, 2006
  7. ok so i guess maybe i should stick to new york thanks

#57     Jan 4, 2006
  8. Not a prop shop, its a "normal account".

You sitting at home in your Pajamas, against the world!

Some use 200:1 or 400:1 its Forex Trading.

Disney is 45 minutes away, but they don't participate, LOL!

Its scared me coming from a stock background, but the moves look just like a normal buying power account, except you don't need more than about 3 to 5K, and if you are properly introduced into Forex by someone, you become very comfortable with it.

My mentor said sometimes its easier for someone with no stock trading background, because you don't know the difference.

If you don't learn properly in either stocks or forex, you blow up your account anyway, doesn't matter what leverage you are using.

Just like if I took you to an Airport and taught you to fly on a 1,500 ft Grass strip, you would do everything like I told you, then you go to the Big 10,000 ft runway, you fly and land like it was a 1,500 ft strip, and you are a better pilot for it.

I like using aviation in comparing things.

#58     Jan 4, 2006
  9. "beer money,

Would you know what news service your friend uses?

Thanks, Mike"

Reuters

#59     Jan 4, 2006
  10. gertsman

gertsman

Buy high and sell higher. Easy money baby.

G

#60     Jan 4, 2006