Is making a $100,000 a month prop/retail trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by sbn, Jan 4, 2006.

1. balda

balda

It is much easier than that.

First you need multiple aliases.
    Second, all you have to do is say that you make 100K per day for last 2 years and all you are asking is how to register a hedge fund.
    Third, second allies comes on and ....."Dude I know you from that chat room.... you rock"
    :D :D :D

#11     Jan 4, 2006
  2. consistency? hmmm, if I could make $100,000 in january and lose $5 grand a month for the rest of the year, I'd be cool :D

I'd be pissed about missing the 55g's, but I'd still be better than last year!

#12     Jan 4, 2006
  3. esmjb

esmjb

5yr trader doesnt know what he is talking about...

i know of a few futures trader who scalp 50 lots and make that kind of cash. 50 lots is small enough to get in and out of the market relatively easy and not have to hold overnight.

#13     Jan 4, 2006
  4. I know someone personally who trades several markets, ER2, YM, ES, Euro and GBP using tick charts and makes in excess of $10k on daily basis. He never mentions any figures but I can more or less work out the type of money he takes out of markets. A truly gifted and a very humble man!
    Having said that I can't trade using smaller time frames, I get slapped about.

Happy trading!:p

#14     Jan 4, 2006
  5. I wasn't saying that making a lot of money in the markets isn't possible, I was saying that no one makes X of dollars a day every day. There are big swings in the money that traders make on a daily basis.

#15     Jan 4, 2006
  6. It is possible. A buddy of mine works for a hedge fund, and his goal is $250,000 per day. He's trading with $25 million, a sum far greater than most "day traders" have at their disposal. He can use his near ten years of experience in risk management and trading signals to get 1% a day with less risk than most of us little guys. But he does it, and he does it day in and day out.

#16     Jan 4, 2006
  7. Thats quite a hedge fund. He makes 300% /year if he doesn't raise his position size as equity grows, which I would imagine someone this consistent would have no problem doing. Which fund is it I would like to invest.

#17     Jan 4, 2006
  8. Choad

Choad

Why is it aways "I know a guy...?"

And never "Yeah, I do it every day...?" :p

#18     Jan 4, 2006
  9. I also know a guy who makes $300K a day with $5.00 in BP.

#19     Jan 4, 2006
  10. ET reaches the pinnacle with this thread.

#20     Jan 4, 2006