Is John McCain running a Bob Dole-like Campaign?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by quietriotrader, Apr 8, 2008.

1. sho-tim

sho-tim

hey bro

da war in nam was not started by eis

it was started by kennedy

we be talkin bout war, not ROOTS

roots is kinta kunte stuff bro

yannis wins

ps ya tryin ta tell us dat clinton started iraq war cause he had advisors der lol

#91     May 14, 2008
  2. #92     May 14, 2008
  3. Jerry030

Jerry030

That's the official start, genius, not the actual start. We started it in the 50's when we figured out that the UN mandate for elections after the French got kicked out would result in the election of their "George Washington", namely Ho Chi Min.

Now the US loves free elecctins, but only when the people we like get elected. Take the vote in Palestine recently. Hamas got elected to power. That was bad becasue we don't like them...who cares if the people in that country voted for them...right?

So the CIA managed to get the election cancelled in the south which later became South Viet Nam and the was was on since the government didn't like the US taking over half the country. We'd be pissed too if Mexico had the 2008 elections cancelled in CA, AZ, NM and Texas. It would probably start a war as well.

Read a real history book dude, if you have a library card.

#93     May 14, 2008
  4. piezoe

piezoe

One of the most accurate and knowledgeable accounts of the Vietnam war and the US involvement is Daniel Ellsberg's, "Papers on the War". Not sure if it is still in print, but a fascinating read if you can get your hands on it. From what i know, i have to go with Jerry on this one.

#94     May 16, 2008
  5. Jerry030

Jerry030

Yea, I kind of know what I'm talking about with Viet Nam since I lived through it. When something could kill it makes you want to know what you might die for. In the case of that war nothing at all... a total waste of a few million lives.

#95     May 16, 2008
  6. Technology industry
    Micro business
    Unionized labor
    Entire education industry
    Entire health care
    Gigantic real estate complex
    Non-profit industry
    Big pharma
    Civil servants ex-military
    Tourism/hospitality industry
    Much of the gigantic legal industry
    More and more of Wall Street, private finance, unionized law enforcement, big insurance and banking

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/....jpg?x=400&y=282&sig=AXEHE6hbzAzW1NbiS0f6HQ--

#96     May 19, 2008