Is John McCain a hero?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gringinho, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Well,

if McCain was singing like a bird during his imprisonment - even under torture - I don't understand at all why someone think there's even a hint of heroism to his period as captured. Also, if he was treated differently - as a highly valued POW - that's even worse... If he continued to divulge information for years, I don't really see how anyone can think of him as a hero.

Weren't there people who far more deserved the distinction of being called a hero - far more deserving than John McCain?

What is exactly John McCain's heroism... just that he participated in the war like everyone else?
    :confused:

#21     Sep 4, 2008
  2. John McCain is a troubled mama's boy - and not a hero.

#22     Sep 4, 2008
  3. And you're a cock sucking coward. Correct?

#23     Sep 4, 2008
  4. lindq

lindq

McCain/Palin in the White House - very, very, very dangerous.

McCain is a rabid militarist. And she'll play to his worst tendencies.

The last thing we need right now is another "maverick".

His particular military experiences are NOT a positive thing for independent judgement.

We don't want his finger anywhere near the trigger.

#24     Sep 4, 2008
  5. McCain: Sarah Palin works with her nose.

Umm... this speech left me speechless. I think McCain shit the bed on this one honestly. I could feel the energy draining out of the room by the minute. Underwhelming . Maybe they should switch it to Palin/McCain?? :confused:

#25     Sep 4, 2008
  6. I think you are projecting here, Pabst - and shudder to go any forward in that direction...
    Yuck, dude - you have a viciously warped and dirty mind. Keep your sexual fantasies to yourself, please.
    :eek:

I like Sarah Palin and you like John McCain...
    That says something, but it's your right to choose where you lie. Weirdo... although even CNN's Richard Quest is "forgiven" nowadays.

#26     Sep 4, 2008
  7. lindq

lindq

LOL. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who caught that.

Actually, what he said was, "Sarah Palin works with her hands and her nose."

She must have been a hot date!

#27     Sep 4, 2008
  8. McCain Like Green

[​IMG]

Is this thing over yet?

#28     Sep 4, 2008
  9. Implied integrity. What he did, was an indication of how he acts under pressure. In my mind, pointing an airplane at an ack ack gun is good enough. But, there are always morons out there that 'll tell you Mother Thersa lost her virginity in the back of an oxcart at the convent hop.

when you look at the motivation of these two, McCain, 72, rich, what is in it for him except service? I'm sure he already has someone to bring him coffee at home. And he didn't drown a girl, and pay off the family to stay out of jail.

Obama. A Wanna be, suckled from the teat of Chicago Politics, too good to go through any sort of vetting process, looking to the JFK, Clinton mold of, I'm better 'n you. And he's looking to get rich. At 54, he'd be a Clintonesque globe trotter. It 's about service, not being served. What happened before happened. This is where we are.

And let me ask you. If President Obama (rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrralllpphhhhhhhhhh, burp) pulled out, something his pop should have done 46 years ago, do you think these animals in robes and headdress would have stopped, or maybe just hit our interests all over, and then us?? Is that what bullies and thugs do? You play scared, they just go away? You left wing pussies piss and moan, and then, when something happens, you want our Marines to die for you. They're too good for you. You don't want them to recruit in your neighborhoods, so it falls to families like the McCains, or the Palins, or the Flytigers and Oldtraders to bail your dumb asses out. Lately, a lot of the people have Latin names. Tough way to get citizenship, but it's worth that much if you don't have it. How 'bout respecting it?

We got us a war we didn't want. The cracks in our morality have crushed our financial system, and Golden Boy wants the population to line up for food stamps.

First, I want to be safe. I can sleep under a tree, but I can't survive an IED. It's pure Maslow Hierarchy. Look it up. You'll see what I mean. Now, the Maverick has this won if all things go well, or badly to be truthfully. If he cleans up the waste, if he pulls the Dems and Republicans to the center, this terrible 19 months has been worth it.

By the way, whatever happened to "Friends of Angelo" Chris Dodd. Nothing? You try that.

#29     Sep 4, 2008
  10. Thanks. I couldn't find an exact quote. Freudian slip by McCain I suppose.

#30     Sep 4, 2008