Is Jim Cramer a Hypocrite, shyster, just plain stupid, or is he a genius

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by mahram, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Thanks for the advice Grampa :D

#41     Jun 6, 2005
  2. let's see the mj trials. people think they can get away with anything in ENTERTAINMENT. think hank rollins is betting on mj 1 out of 7 lascivious acts from a previous thread.

#42     Jun 6, 2005
  3. KevinK

KevinK Guest

I hope you were kidding...because if you weren't...you call yourself a trader and you don't have $300mil. but you were probably kidding.:p

#43     Jun 6, 2005
  4. smart rich people know that once you have more money than you can ever spend you dont risk it.

#44     Jun 6, 2005
  5. I'd ask who you shill for , but I just realized that your posts have little value even as that.

Try harder.

#45     Jun 6, 2005
  6. yenzen

yenzen

Brilliant retort. I guess thats the kind of drivel that one could expect from a "yes man".

Senor Zen

#46     Jun 6, 2005
  7. I am emboldened not so much by Cramer, but by the 'quality' of his critics.

Ya know what I mean , homie?

[​IMG]

#47     Jun 6, 2005
  8. keyser1

keyser1

Cramer: Moronic Genius

This is my first post...hopefully its not too much... I watch cramer's show for fun but am kinda skeptical about his motives...

First, I'm assuming that everything he wrote in "Confessions of a Street Addict" is true.

If this is the case, I have to say this guy is an absolute genius and a moron.

He came from a middle class family, and went to Harvard as an undergrad (that takes some accomplishment).
    He was editor of the college's newspaper his senior year (also takes some accomplishment).
    He fell in love with stocks at a young age and said he could rattle off the price of most stocks listed in the paper (takes an incredible memory). He also had a good knack for predicting short term price movements in stocks.

So we know he's very smart and loves the stock market. So far he's a genius. So does he try to make money off his talents? No, instead he moves to california to work for a small paper (although nothing wrong with that since he also likes journalism). But while in Cali, he ends up living in his car cuz he can't afford rent.
    This is purely moronic. How does a harvard grad who is obviously smart and capable not get himself a decent job?

Then he realizes something has to change (makes sense). So he goes to law school (completely moronic). He has no passion for law and finally realizes he could actually do something with stocks so while he's paying tuition stops going to class and does stock research all day long. Again moronic, how could he not realize business school would be beter off for him?

Then he gets a job at goldman sachs (again takes talent to convince them to hire him over mba competition).

Then he decides to start a hedgefund (a good risky move..he gets props for that). The hedgefund almost goes bust in the first month (the 'partner's had the ability to liquidate if he lost 20 percent or something like that) and his future wife has to help him out (nothign wrong with help for a newbie.)

Then he does pretty well at his hedgefund (although his wife had to come out of retirement to save it when the market was dropping and she realized it was a bottom and bought on margin when he thought she was nuts and actually started reversing her trades...turns out she was right and in one day she saved the fund from going bust again).

But then he also does some really stupid stuff -- like miss his sister's pre-wedding dinner to attend a training class at goldman sach while he was an intern, talk about stocks the day his mother died (i may have this story incorrect..maybe it was his dad or maybe one of them was in the hospital and not dead)...When his wife is in labor, he's on the phone talking about stocks.

So I really don't get him. In some sense, he's a genius, in another sense he's a complete moron.

#48     Jun 6, 2005
  9. one question: if cramer is this big looser..

what dafUK is on this thread?

#49     Jun 6, 2005
  10. Re Cramer: Moronic Genius

Actually that explains a lot, he sounds like a very sad case. If what you describe is true, then he could well be diagnosed with various DSM-IV intercluster personality disorders.

#50     Jun 6, 2005